Ask a question Report

My Ipod won't turn on!!! [Solved/Closed]

TBillionz18 - Latest answer on Nov 30, 2014 10:38AM
Hello, My name is Terrence and i have had my ipod for a while, its a ipod video 30gb and one night i was listening to it and than i wanted to go to sleep so i paused it and than put it on hold and went to sleep. The next morning i woke up took my ipod off hold and than it would not turn back on. Ive tried everything from reseting it, plugging into a usb and power adapter. and it wont light up or do anything at all and i dont understand how it jus randomly stopped working. does anyone know any info on that??
Read more 
Answer
+462
moins plus
Hi there, i only see problems and no solutions:

here is what i did:

1. Plugged in iPod with USB to PC.
2. Opened my computer and saw that iPod was there in the list (Devices with removable storage).
3. Ejected the iPod (Use the option "Safely Remove" from the notification area in the bottom right next to your Windows clock)
4. made sure the hold button was off and then held down the Menu button and middle button at the same time for five seconds.

My iPod now works - i think its an issue with the battery charge falling too low - at least in my case :)

Good luck and let me know if this process worked for you!

Fvbn- Nov 11, 2014 07:43AM
It worked!!!!!!!!
yolo- Nov 11, 2014 07:25PM
thanks for the information it really worked
joe- Nov 17, 2014 07:22PM
thanks buddy your a life saver.
Coleen- Nov 17, 2014 11:26PM
ahhhh! thank you so much!!! xoxoxo
Poppy- Nov 24, 2014 05:00PM
This worked! wasn't expecting it to thanks :)
Answer
+117
moins plus
Turn on your iPod (in my case it would only get as far as displaying the Apple logo
Hold the power and home buttons down (the iPod will power off after 10 seconds, but keep holding those buttons down)
After the iPod powers off, release the power button (but keep holding the home button down)
After a couple more seconds, you should hear that magical “ding dong” that means the iPod is coming back alive, and that Windows has detected it. You may even see a little “New hardware” popup in Windows. It is now safe to release the home button, and your iPod is in DFU mode.
Now iTunes will see it as a DFU’ed iPod and should ask you to automatically restore its firmware.
iTunes has to download the new firmware, and it takes a while, so go make a sandwich.
In case you’re wondering, the “power button” is the one on top, and the “home button” is the one under the screen.

Mine has glitched 24/7, but this always works

cshoney- Dec 25, 2009 01:29PM
Hey JME this worked great! I tried other things, and nothing. It was getting locked up with the apple icon and the the rotating gadget in the middle that was also frozen. This fix finally corrected it and I am a so happy!
NICCA- Nov 30, 2014 10:38AM
Thankyou!!!!!!!!!
Answer
+90
moins plus
If you found your ipod touch is 'dead', ie won't turn on, holding the power button (top right on
Ipod) does nothing, your comp doesn't even recognise it, iTunes also - then you might need to do the following :

1) Start your iTunes and connect your iPod touch to your comp.

2) Keep holding the POWER button (top right) together with the HOME button (centre, bellow the ipod screen) for about 10 seconds. You should hear a sound(s)..
Release the POWER button ONLY, keep holding the HOME button, you will again hear some sounds.

3) If you did it correctly iTunes will tell you that it has detected an iPhone or iPod touch in recovery mode.

You should be able to re-sync all your previous ipod content from there...

Sorry, if this was already posted somewhere here, but I just recovered my ipod after searching the net, so wanted to share it..

I did donload and re-isntall the latest Itunes before I did the above, so try that if the above doesn't work the 1st time out..

Cheers

kb30- May 7, 2010 06:12PM
thanks it works
gazer- May 9, 2010 01:42PM
Thanks alot mate really helped!
erinn77- May 12, 2010 01:12PM
thank you so much!!!!! i havent been able to get my ipod updated for about a year now then i came across this and it worked first time :) thanks soo much!
tommy- May 19, 2010 05:44PM
thank u so much i love u
shara- Nov 18, 2014 03:24AM
Thank you so much
Answer
+51
moins plus
hey! my name is Ryn and i had the same problem, but i plugged mine into charge and nothing happened and then while it was still in the charger i pushed the menu button and the middle button and it just turned on so i dont know if it was luck or watever im just glad it works!!!!

Jas- Jan 26, 2010 06:37AM
Your solution is so good.(Thanks!^1000)
cjjames 2Posts Thursday January 28, 2010Registration date January 29, 2010Last seen - Jan 29, 2010 11:44AM
hi rryn that dose work thanx man i was realy worried
wtf nuthin but problems- Feb 24, 2010 02:20AM
so where exaclty are the middle button and menu button cuase i need to try but every1 can say that they did it but no video or picture actually shows where they are
K i T K aT 2o1O- Mar 17, 2010 10:12PM
Thanks alot bro! It actually worked !!!!!
L.R.- Mar 19, 2010 11:24AM
Hey Ryn.. my name is Red.. And I just wanted to stop by and say thank you very much for that advice on how to turn my ipod back on. By holding the menu and the middle button. That really work and now my ipod is back on. I was about to freak out and panic. I about to cry if it didnt come back on. Cuz I really love music and its a stress helper.. Thanks alot hun.. :-))
Answer
+39
moins plus
Hey

Im an apple advisor. What you have to do is put your ipod in disk mode . slide the hold switch to hold where the orange is showing for 3 seconds and then slide it off

Then hold down the menu and center button untill the apple logo appears. Then when it does appear you have to let go and hold down the center and play button. untill a check mark appears. Then when it does appear make sure you are plugging your usb in the BACK of the computer. The back of the computer is more powerfull then the front. The front is only for mouses and light products.

then do a restore .

:)- Apr 28, 2010 01:19AM
Thank you sooooo much!!!!!
mc- Apr 28, 2010 12:06PM
Thanks for the help Apple advisor, this worked. I am again enjoying my 30gb ipod. You rock!!!!
mel- May 8, 2010 08:21PM
OMG...you are a god send....thought it had just died for some reason..working this morning....
lala- May 10, 2010 12:44PM
THANK YOU!!!!!
crissyd522- May 23, 2010 11:40AM
It didn't work for me. Still black. What else is there to do???
Answer
+37
moins plus
Heeeey!,im ashleigh and i have the ipod nano 3rd generation,
it was fien yeserday working and evrything whent to listen to it this morning and the screen wouldnt tern on i was like wtf:A i have googled it and asked my friends they have susgessted i go to the apple shop and take it to the teqnition and he will be able to fix it if not thn i will be given a new one free of charge i havent even had my ipod a year yet! and this has happend! im gutted it been connected to the computer and has taken ages to come up on my itunes i have pressed restore and that but it still ownt turn on im going to go exeter in abit to see if he can fix it i will let you know what happend you give it a try!
i dnt know how long agoo you posted this but if you have had your ipod fixxed please let mee no how!
xxx

ive got guts- Apr 5, 2010 02:30PM
for your i pod touch if u hold down the top button and the select button (the only buttons) hold them down 4 about 10 seconds then itll restart and it should work XD
priiinceee- Apr 8, 2010 05:02PM
press the on button + home button for about twenty seconds should work :)
Sam- Apr 26, 2010 09:00PM
I exactIly know how you feel,I also was like OMG,WTF,LHMOMIPod.(L=lord,H=have,M=mercy,O=on,and M=my.Then,u know ipod kicks in.
crystal- May 2, 2010 10:01AM
I've got guts.... You saved me and my ipod with your trick, thanks so much!
bjhm- May 2, 2010 01:36PM
MY IPOD WONT WORK!!
Answer
+27
moins plus
same thing happened to me

all you have to do is hold down centre botton and menu botton at the same time the apple logo will come up and then ilt work again

Answer
+25
moins plus
hold the middle and menu button for about 30 seconds or even more. just dont let your finger off either button untill it shows an apple on the screen it may take a minuite or two.

gracie- Nov 23, 2014 08:42AM
it worked
Answer
+17
moins plus
Look ive got the ideal fix for ur prob....my bro did the same he worked on my ipod and after ten minutes it turned black.I dindnt know how to fix so i tried lik this way.
1 i turned the i tunes on my pc on just double click on the icon of i tune. if u dont hae i tunes just download it from goole and install t its free.
2 i connected my i pod to the pc and nothing happened
3 ive hold the middle button and the meny button and on my pc was a warning that talled to restore the i pod i restored it and it worked fine.. NOTE FIRST INSTALL I TUNES!!!SECOND DOUBLE CLICK AND OPEN THE I TUNES PROGRAMM!!! THIRD CONNECT UR I PODWITH UR PC!!! FOURTH HOLD THE MIDDLE AND MENY BUTTON FOR 6+SECONDS!!! AFTER U HOLD IT UR I TUNE PROGRAMM IS GOING TO ASK U IF U WANT TO RESTORE UR IPOD U CLICK OK AND WAIT TILL IT DOES IT WORK!!! WAIT 20 MINUTES OR MORE THEN UR I OD SHOULD WORK
if this way worked then tell me on my email adress. im_legend_getlost@live.co.uk

Answer
+16
moins plus
Hey,
the exact same thing happen to me and i found out if you hold the menu and the center button at the same time for like two minutes it should work!!!!

loco- Feb 26, 2010 09:17PM
Mine still does not work what should I do
Answer
+15
moins plus
All you have to do is hold the menu button and the middle button at the same time,....a little apple will show up and it will refresh...none of ur music will be gone

Answer
+13
moins plus
hello , i know what to do!! i had the problem where it just refused to turn on and all you have to do is...
connect your ipod to t your computer or laptop, then just
hold down the menu button and the middle button both at the same time making sure your not touching any other butons around it.
Hold them down for as long as it takes, no longer than 30 seconds.

then your ipod should recognise being connected then you can enjoy your music again. i hope this helps :)
Dannie xxx

Answer
+11
moins plus
Hey! i have the same problem but i have had mine forever and i lost the charger. We bought a new charger and wen i plug it in nothing happens!!!!!!!!!!! Help?

Answer
+10
moins plus
Press menu and middle button at the same time, hold for awhile. it works!

Answer
+10
moins plus
THE MIDDLE BUTTON AND MENU HELD DOWN AT SAME TIME WORKS!!!!!! SO STOP SAYING APPLE IS BAD AND I PODS ARE A TRICK TO SELF DESTRUCT. A SIMPLE ANSWER A SIMPLE FIX WORKS SO LOVE YOUR IPOD :)

lozza- Nov 13, 2014 12:58AM
stil not working
Answer
+10
moins plus
hold top button nd middle button for 20 odd sec nd it ll re booot

Answer
+9
moins plus
Yeah! That really does work, holding the menu and middle bottom...THanks Wahoo!!

Answer
+8
moins plus
Wahoo you are ace! Thanks 50 million :D

Answer
+8
moins plus
hold down menu button and centre button simultaneously for 6-8 seconds. an apple logo should appear, then let go and leave it for a few seconds and it will turn on.

Answer
+8
moins plus
thanx to everyone on this website now my ipod works i did that hold the middle button and the menu button at the same time hold it for 10 secs then it will work thanxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx so much

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next
This document entitled « My Ipod won't turn on!!! » from Kioskea (en.kioskea.net) is made available under the Creative Commons license. You can copy, modify copies of this page, under the conditions stipulated by the license, as this note appears clearly.

Not a member yet?

sign-up, it takes less than a minute and it's free!

Members get more answers than anonymous users.

Being a member gives you detailed monitoring of your requests.

Being a member gives you additional options.