Can't add New Songs on my iPod

Solved/Closed
Cath - May 11, 2009 at 12:30 AM
 Ladeedee - Apr 29, 2011 at 04:46 PM
Hello,
the last time I opened itunes it proposed me to update my ipod to a newer version, that's what I did.. THE BIGGEST MISTAKE EVER.. now when I connect my ipod to itunes it says that I need to download itunes 7.6 or higher.. so I downloaded the 8th version but when I tried to install it, it says that it doesn't work on my windows version, (windows xp professional...but a copy) NOW I CAN'T ACCESS OR ADD ANYTHING TO MY IPOD with itunes and it's a 80GB! HELP ME PLEASE ANYBODY!!.... I'm looking into forums but I don't find anything that can help me.. and the worse is that I think that it erased my previous itune library content! I got the .itl when I go to my music/itunes/previous itunes libraries but when I open it it's empty, I don't want to transfer everything back to my new library (anyway I can't connect my ipod)

Therefore
1.is this a version of itunes that will solve my problem of accessing my ipod and that will work on my computer
2.how the hell am I suppose to get back my content in my previous library

(sorry for my english, I'm french)

10 responses

Okay, this same exact thing happened to me.
Firstly; when you plug your iPod into your computer, does it show up under deivces?
Secondly; look on the page, if it says that the "manage songs and videos by yourself" thing is checked, uncheck it.
Thirdly; click apply.
It worked for me, hopefully it works for you! *fingers crossed*
I had the same problem and I was very frustrated, and I followed your instructions. Thank you so much!! ;D
you rule!!!! I have fixed my problemo!!!