My iPod won't turn on!!!

Solved/Closed
TBillionz18 - Updated on Nov 11, 2018 at 03:40 PM
 Bonehead - Dec 19, 2018 at 07:04 PM
Hello, My name is Terrence and I have had my ipod for a while, its a ipod video 30gb and one night I was listening to it and than I wanted to go to sleep so I paused it and than put it on hold and went to sleep. The next morning I woke up took my ipod off hold and than it would not turn back on. Ive tried everything from reseting it, plugging into a usb and power adapter. and it wont light up or do anything at all and I dont understand how it jus randomly stopped working. does anyone know any info on that??
Related:

130 responses

no I have the same problem sorry
i solve it do not shut keep it on for a whole day untill the batery dies and it open I did the same
The hold switches are very fragile had the same problem had to open up the ipod and push the switch off of hold. I don't use the hold switch anymore.
I was listening to my ipod nano 8gb I was halfway in a song then my ipod froze on me....
I have plugged it in my computer to see if it would come on it didn't.....
Slightly you can see the picture but it WON'T come on at all.
Does anyone know how to fix it??? HELP!!!

Didn't find the answer you are looking for?

Ask a question
dude first f*&%$ apple in the a$% they scare me to much ........ but just toggle the hold switch back and forth then hold the menu and select buton for about 8 seconds then it will show an apple logo and it will be resetting your ipod but youll still have all your stuff on there.
same thign happened to me on my first generation ipod nano and it wont show the apple screen and it wont do anything I kept googling it and you probably might need to replace it pople have a lot of problems with ipods and theyre so expensive which makes the situation worse
mine is doing the same exact thing and im really ticked off about it, I have no idea what happened and im trying to look it up and I cant find anything on it
my ipod wont even turn on, I tried plugging it into the charger and the computer and nothing is happening!
I had the exact same problem . . but when I was reseting it I pressed the middle button & menu button for a little while
SAME WITH MEEEEEE u know wat it is?

APPLE IS RIGGED THEY PURPOSLY PUT IN A SELF DISTRUCTION THING IN UR IPOD SO AFTER THE WARRANTY ENDS IT AUTOMATICALY SELF DISTRUCTS AFTER A LITTLE TIME so we can buy a new one or get it fixed with them for almost the same price as a new one....like wtf! SERIOUSLY LOOK AT ALLL THESE IPOD PROBLEMS ON THE NET ON GOOGLE ALMOST 50MIL WITH THESE APPLE IPOD PROBLEMS..now doesnt that sound a little fishy?
Mine was the same and I spent hours trying to put it right. did the menu and middle button thing and whopee it worked. Thanks alot.
PRESS THE MIDDLE AND MENU BUTTON AT THE SAME TIME AND HOLD! IT WORKED!!!
thanks soooo much @WAHOO. I did what you said and it turned back on ;D thankkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkyou! <3
YAEH BABY!!!!! thank you so much it fixed mine to!!!!!
it is easy its happend to me before u just hold down a button or u just plug it in the computer or take it of lock at the top
Omg... WAHOO.. that so worked!! I just got my Ipod about two months ago nd today it wouldnt turn on!! THANKS SO MUCH!!!! YOU so saved my life lol <3 !! YOU ARE AWESOME yey lol
WOW I thought this was a bunch of bull O.o so I did it anywayz to amuse myself lol. AND IT WORKED!!!
MENU AND MIDDLE BUTTON!!!!!!!! I LOVE YOU !!!!!!!!
Thanks a lot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Your trick still works!!!!!! Thanks u so much!!!! : )
Melllllllllll
Apr 7, 2010 at 06:33 AM
Genious! Thankyou!