Cant get my PC to start!

Closed
Ana - Oct 31, 2009 at 03:31 PM
 Ana - Nov 1, 2009 at 04:35 AM
Hello everyone!

I need som help with my 2 year old PC. The problem starting after a CPU-fan change and since that change i cant start my PC. My monitor doesnt responde so i cant even getting into BIOS.

I have tried everything DJ has said, like: Using eraser on RAM and GPU, see if the CPU heats up, looking for 3 beep sounds when removing all RAM-memories ( i heard 3 beeps), starting the PC with all the neceserry parts, taking out the motherboard battery, resetting the "JUMPER" and looking up if the PSU (Powersupply) worked, which it did. I have even taking out all parts and replaced it. Nothing is wrong but the PC wont start. When i press the powerbutton i dont get the usual beep from BIOS and the graphiccard fan is going like a JETPLANE. My HDD is spinning and so does every other fan too.

I have now installed a USB port with 4 LED-Lamps ón it which display what kind of problem u may have. I get that 3 LEDs are red and 1 is green, which means that i have a problem called MEMORY DETECTION TEST.

I dont know how to get my PC to start...Please help me! :)

My spec: AMD athlon 64 6000+, Geforce 8800gts, MOBO: K9N Platinum, Powersupply 600W...
Related:

2 responses

Blocked Profile
Nov 1, 2009 at 03:01 AM
Dear Sir,

Please check out the hardware that you are using. For the monitor not to operate, it might be a problem

sourcing from the graphic card or 15 pin monitor cable or its power supply.

Please confirm the source of the problem please.

Thanks.
Hi again!

I still cant get my PC to start. I have now tried to switch to 2 other monitors but the same thing happens. The lamp on the monitor just turns orange and says "going to sleep". I have now tried to start the PC without graphiccard but then I have no screen to look at and see if it starts because my motherboard has no built-in graphiccard.

I know for sure that the CPU is fine, the PSU, and all my 4 RAM, HDD, but im not sure with my Geforce 8800GTS 320mb.

What else can I do?

Thanks in advance! Really need help.