"Personal Antivirus" software problem!!!

Solved/Closed
ethan5 - Apr 22, 2009 at 06:53 PM
 mare - Jun 28, 2010 at 08:31 PM
Hello,
I don't know how I got it but a program called 'Personal Antivirus' has appeared on my PC and I can't get rid of it. It doesn't show in the Add/Remove program list so I can't uninstall it. It keeps popping up telling me I'm riddled with viruses/worms, the lot! How can I deal with it because it is driving me crazy?!
I have AVG 'free' and Avira, I use Google Chrome so that should cover me shouldn't it? I've never had a problem with viruses till now when I downloaded some drivers from 'DriverMax' (As detected by AVG).
Thanks for your time.
Related:

30 responses

Just wanted to say thank you. This site really help. We had a personal security saying that we have losts of threats and worms. We have full antivirus on it. Followed the steps. Thanks so much
I have the same problem, everytime I start on my computor it keeps popping up. HELP PLEASE.
I dont have any uninstall file after clicking common files
same with me except its on the add remove program list but when i click on it it just sits there

Didn't find the answer you are looking for?

Ask a question
i also faced dis problem= = any links can help ?pls!
Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,167
Mar 26, 2010 at 01:18 PM
Hello,

Please follow these instructions;

1.Open My computer, choose Disk C;

2.Find C:\Program Files\Common Files\Uninstall\PAV\Uninstall.lnk

3.Run the Uninstall file.

4.Reboot your computer.

5. After updating it, perform a FULL system scan with Malwarebyte:

https://ccm.net/downloads/security-and-maintenance/4621-malwarebytes-anti-malware/

Please, do let me know about your success. Thank you!
I got this on my system tonight....i was unable to do anything, it wouldn't let me even open my ctrl alt delete.....i guess there is a slight delay, because i was able to quickly upon startup, do a system restore.....seems to have worked for now, still running all my antivirus checks
Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,167
Mar 27, 2010 at 04:57 AM
Hello,

Thank you for your comment.

I am curious to know how, upon start-up you were able to do a system restore. Please how did you manage, for the delay must be extremely short.

As a measure of precaution, I suggest that you download and install Malwarebyte, make an update and run a FULL system scan which may take 90 minutes or so.

https://ccm.net/downloads/security-and-maintenance/4621-malwarebytes-anti-malware/

After the scan, remove Malwarebyte as it is reported that it may interfere with some antivirus applications.

Again thank you.
my pc is not installing new antivirus. i have removed old one plz give me sugg
I don't have 'uninstall' folder, but I have this virus of a security program that won't even let me open the uninstall. Time for some hard - core research.
The same thing happened to me a short time ago with Windows Defender on and Norton 360 on. I was so upset and finally went into Internet Options, Connections and they had changed my settings from Automatic Detect to Proxy Settings. Once I pressed AD they were gone forever, just reboot and voila! Hope it works for you, too.