My Toshiba's screen went black (black screen)

Solved/Closed
VReign - Nov 2, 2014 at 08:00 PM
VReign Posts 1 Registration date Sunday November 2, 2014 Status Member Last seen November 3, 2014 - Nov 3, 2014 at 08:58 PM
Hello,

I was video-gaming today when my Toshiba's (PSPQ6C-025001) black screened on me. I could hear the music from the game but I couldn't see it anymore. I've only had it for about a month, and so I'm not sure why this issue arose. I've already tried hard-resetting the computer and pulling out the battery. I hear the rest of the systems going but the screen remained black.
I was wondering if anyone has experienced this problem and if any of you could share some insight and help in resolving the problem.

I'm running Windows 8.1.

Related:

2 responses

VReign Posts 1 Registration date Sunday November 2, 2014 Status Member Last seen November 3, 2014
Nov 3, 2014 at 08:58 PM
I spoke with the Toshiba warranty people, and I was told that I could take it into their depot but that I'd have to pay shipping/receiving.

I went to a shop downtown and they were able to fix the problem for me. What happened was the the wire connection for the LCD screen had too much pressure on it. The case is faulty and has a bit that would go right on top of the wire so they re-routed it.

It's working perfectly fine now, but thanks for the input! :)
xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,826
Nov 2, 2014 at 09:15 PM
If it's almost new can it be sent in for warranty service?