CPU not providing enough power?

Closed
Vishal - Feb 26, 2009 at 01:21 PM
xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 - Feb 26, 2009 at 06:02 PM
Hello,

I am not that smart with hardware stuff...so i have no idea what the problem is..i can only explain whats going on ..

here it goes...i was working on my PC....(infact i hadnt shut it down for atleast 8 hours)....and had only firefox and word open...suddenly computer hung up...i tried for around 30 seconds...stuff like ctrl alt del etc.....nothing worked...so i did direct shut down...by pressing power button on cpu..

next time i try turning on my comp. it doesnt show anything on the screen...creating lot of noice.....only my mouse pad is showing any light....the mouse and keyboard are both not giving any light and hence not working....

Please given any advice.
Related:

2 responses

xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,826
Feb 26, 2009 at 02:38 PM
By "creating lot of noise" do you mean it is beeping? We need to know the pattern of the beeps. Is is something like two beeps and pause and then three beeps?
Nope..i dont mean beeping..i mean the fan seems to be providing the noise.... while starting up my pc when it was fine..it didnt create such a noise....there is no beep sound or anything...I just tried opening the cover...but havent achieved anything from that either...have no knowledge...
xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,826
Feb 26, 2009 at 06:02 PM
You might have burned out a component in the power supply and a broken part has fallen into the path of the fan. That would account for the noise. I think it's time to take it to a repair shop.