Acer aspire one d250 wont start

Closed
aKurtabegu Posts 1 Registration date Thursday August 29, 2013 Status Member Last seen August 29, 2013 - Aug 29, 2013 at 02:43 AM
Zohaib R Posts 2368 Registration date Sunday September 23, 2012 Status Member Last seen December 13, 2018 - Sep 5, 2013 at 04:50 PM
hello,
my acer aspire d250 had cooler problems and noise and i replaced the cooler with a new one
after assembling I wasnt able to start the notebook, the power button light up and remains, the fan starts for 2 seconds and then stops, and nothing else happens, it is staying like this for too much time , black screen and so on
i think it might be the processor
could you give me some advice?
thanks
Related:

1 response

Zohaib R Posts 2368 Registration date Sunday September 23, 2012 Status Member Last seen December 13, 2018 69
Sep 5, 2013 at 04:50 PM
Hi aKurtabegu,

There is a possibility during re-assembling the parts were not put together correctly. The symptoms indicate that computer is failing to start Power On Self Test (POST) process. Try to re-seat the memory modules in the computer and check. If the problem still persists disconnect each component one by one and then re-connect them. After re-assembling if the issue still persists please contact Acer Support for further troubleshooting.

Note: The steps above require you to re-seat the components by removing the system cover/taking apart the chassis. Please perform these steps only if you are comfortable else seek a technician's help. Also, refer to the Service Manual for accurate steps and safety instructions.