Taskbar disabled & explorer.exe won't boot.

Solved/Closed
soadman - Feb 23, 2009 at 08:52 PM
 CoolDude - Dec 20, 2012 at 12:49 PM
Ok sound long story short, my explorer.exe won't boot up. I turn my computer on and it loads nomally. Then the walpaper apears but no icons or start menu. I can't bring up the task manager because it says "has been disabled by administrator." Booting in Safe mode results in the same result. No explorer.exe,can't use task manager. Please help me! Thank you for reading!
Related:

12 responses

Hey, I'm not computer geek, but I had the same thing happen to two of my computers (both networked). It was caused by a worm/virus called "Win32:Vitro" that got into my hard drive on my laptop, and then networked it's way into my desktop. I've read a lot online about the virus, and it seems to be a pretty nasty one that has actually, even shut down many offices nationwide. It appears that the thing was introduced to the public around the middle of Feb. Norton or McAffee antivirus appear not to catch the thing. I am running Avast, and by doing a thorough scan, it found it. Bummer is, I still don't have my laptop running back to normal again even after quarantining the virus. I cannot access IE anymore but can use my computer in all the other respects. I'm trying to find out how to get IE installed on it now w/o having internet access to download it. My desktop was under complete waranty, so I had to send it back to the manufacturer to be repaired. Anyway, I just thought I'd let you know that someone else out there had the same problem around the same time you did, so it's my guess that you got the same virus that infected my computer. Oh, I was able to get my computer past the wallpaper by starting in safemode and then doing a restore from that point. If you want to catch the virus from there. Try downloading Avast free antivirus and running a thorough scan. Hope that helps at least a little bit. Sorry I can't be of more help.
Rwhite9545 Posts 1 Registration date Saturday July 4, 2009 Status Member Last seen July 4, 2009
Jul 4, 2009 at 06:25 PM
Ok guys I know how to fix this issue! Google what is called Hit Man Pro. What is happening is a virus/worm has embedded itself in your system 32 files and has named itself an .EXE file which boots when Windows does! Download the completely free program and free yourself of this problem! When you download it, do a full system scan. Once the scan is complete, you will see that you have many entries of Spyware and Malware! On the right of the results screen you will see a do not delete at the end of each result or line. Click the little arrow and mark each to delete. Once deleted you will need to reboot your machine and behold it will boot up not only normal but considerably faster! Let me know if this helps?
popchi pretu > Rwhite9545 Posts 1 Registration date Saturday July 4, 2009 Status Member Last seen July 4, 2009
Aug 27, 2009 at 03:01 PM
thanks , thanks, thanks !!!!!
:)
Steve > Rwhite9545 Posts 1 Registration date Saturday July 4, 2009 Status Member Last seen July 4, 2009
Nov 1, 2009 at 05:18 AM
You are awesome. Not only fixed this, but also some other viruses.
anon13 > Rwhite9545 Posts 1 Registration date Saturday July 4, 2009 Status Member Last seen July 4, 2009
Dec 28, 2009 at 08:54 AM
You're a life-saver! Arigatou!
been searching all over the internet! many thanks!! _\m/