Windows 7 opening i tunes

Closed
steveigb Posts 1 Registration date Sunday December 2, 2012 Status Member Last seen December 2, 2012 - Dec 2, 2012 at 01:28 PM
Zohaib R Posts 2368 Registration date Sunday September 23, 2012 Status Member Last seen December 13, 2018 - Dec 2, 2012 at 10:38 PM
Hello, i can download i tunes but just as its about to open i get a windows installer message saying " this instalation package could not be opened. Verify this package exists and that you can access it, or contact the application vendor to verify that this is a valid windows installer package" i have run multiple clean ups and disc defrags but still get this message. Any help would be apreciated.

Related:

1 response

Zohaib R Posts 2368 Registration date Sunday September 23, 2012 Status Member Last seen December 13, 2018 69
Dec 2, 2012 at 10:38 PM
Hi steveigb,

This problem is not specific to iTunes, you can try the below mentioned steps and try to fix the problem:

1. Try to install the program in compatibility mode.
2. To install the program in compatibility mode Right-click the installation file's icon.
3. Click Properties and select Compatibility.
4. Select the compatibility mode for Windows 7.
5. Click OK.
6. Run the installation program.

Also check here (https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/windows if your program is compatible with your version of Windows 7.

Do reply with results.