Found warning from iexplorer.exe

Closed
MANAS4 Posts 1 Registration date Wednesday November 14, 2012 Status Member Last seen November 14, 2012 - Nov 14, 2012 at 05:32 AM
Zohaib R Posts 2368 Registration date Sunday September 23, 2012 Status Member Last seen December 13, 2018 - Nov 14, 2012 at 12:43 PM
Hello,

sir,
i have found a problem when attach a usb modem to my windows7 desktop .
"There is no disk in the drive.Please insert into drive\Drive\Harddisk\DR7".
And 3 option is there cancel,try again,continue. But no option is working repetedly the message had come to me.pls give a solution .

1 response

Zohaib R Posts 2368 Registration date Sunday September 23, 2012 Status Member Last seen December 13, 2018 69
Nov 14, 2012 at 12:43 PM
Hi MANAS4,

As per your description you receive "There Is No Disk in the Drive. Please Insert a Disk into Drive \Device\harddisk\Dr1" error message when you plug in the USB Modem. As per the Microsoft KB article (https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/330137/there-is-no-disk-in-the-drive-please-insert-a-disk-into-drive-device-h this error happens because of two reasons:

1. You have a removable drive, configured as drive letter C.
2. You do not have a removable disk in the removable disk drive.
Does your USB Modem have a card reader in it? If it has one it will show an extra drive letter in my computer when the USB modem is inserted? If yes, follow the steps below:
1. Log on to the computer as Administrator.
2. Insert the USB Modem.
3. Click Start, right-click Computer, and then click Manage.
4. Click Disk Management.
5. Right-click the USB Modem Drive letter and then click Change Drive Letter and Paths.
6. Click the removable drive (in this case the USB Modem), click it, click Change, click the drive letter that you want to use, and then click OK.

If the issue is still not fixed or you do not have a card reader in the USB modem, do reply with the Model/Make/Manufacturer of the USB Modem. Also add in your reply any recent Hardware/Software changes made to your system.