Can't download iTunes

Closed
igster - May 1, 2012 at 12:20 PM
 Sawx - Jul 15, 2012 at 11:56 AM
Hello

pls. help

My computer can't download iTunes because There is a problem with this Windows Installer package. A program required for this install to complete could not be run What do I do?
pls. HELP!!!!! very urgent
Related:

2 responses

markhelp Posts 22 Registration date Monday April 30, 2012 Status Member Last seen May 13, 2012
May 1, 2012 at 12:23 PM
Hello,

If you could answer the following questions it will give me a better idea of what is going on:

What version of Windows are you running (ie: Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit)?

Have you ever had iTunes installed on this computer before?

Does the Windows Installer give you a message when you try to install iTunes? (if so what is that message)
windows XP. i already had an itunes in my computer but installing/ updating the lastest version won,t work. it says "there is a problem with this windows installer package. a program required for this install to complete could not be run. contact your support personnel or package vendor.
markhelp Posts 22 Registration date Monday April 30, 2012 Status Member Last seen May 13, 2012
May 1, 2012 at 12:45 PM
Which service pack of Windows XP do you have?
Currently the latest version of iTunes requires at least Windows XP Service Pack 2
thank you for the help! :)

where would i know what service pack of windows XP do i have?
May 1, 2012 at 01:03 PM
Open the Windows Menu and right click on "My Computer" and click "Properties"

Alternatively:

Hold the Windows Key and press "r"
You will see a Window that says "Run" at the top
Type: sysdm.cpl
Hit enter

(those are two ways of getting to the same place)

mark
sorry for the late reply. windows XP service pack 3.
i have exactly the same problem did you manage to resolve it ?