Urgent, Computer shutting down

Closed
Lisa - Jun 17, 2011 at 05:29 PM
 Lisa - Jun 21, 2011 at 06:53 PM
Hello,

I was in communication with Microsoft support trying to get my Automatic Update to stick at ENABLED so I can do a Windows update. After completing the steps I was able to do my windows updates which were a lot of them since I hadn't used this computer for a while. I restarted my computer and now it shuts down almost as soon as it starts up and I it gives me 45 seconds then goes down. How can I have enough time to fix anything if it shuts down. NONE of my desktop icons will not open now I can't imagine what happened to my computer !!!!! PLEASE HELP ME!!

svchost.EXE-Application ERROR: the instruction at 0x62304390 referenced memory at ''0x62304390 the memory could be read click ok to terminate the Program.

1 response

Blocked Profile
Jun 18, 2011 at 07:47 AM
What i say about restart or shutdown problem it is common error everytime? Lisa
first tell us if you were using XP or WIN 7, if you Updated your windows and after this you got a problem its generally when your windows version is not genuine.. and the error you were talking about is your windows file has been corrupted.

Try this procedure...for XP

1) Restart machine
2) Insert your XP Bootable CD
3) When it show "BOOT FROM CD PRESS ANY KEY" then press any key.
4) Then system files will start loading.
5) After some time it will ask for Formating or repairing.
6) Press R button on your keyboard.
7) Then it will repair your OS
Thank you for taking the time to read my post..what if I don't have those CD'S anymore