Kioskea
Recherche
Ask a question Report

Problem Scrolling with Arrow Keys (IE7) [Solved/Closed]

Joe - Latest answer on Dec 19, 2012 12:28PM
Hey everyone, I seem to not be able to use my keyboard arrow keys to scroll up and down on web pages. I know however, that my arrow keys work (they do in MS Word and other programs), but don't work here. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.
Read more 
Answer
+375
moins plus
solved by pressing F7, thank you!

AdamBO- Oct 25, 2012 10:51AM
Not really helped please help guys!
Notch- Nov 11, 2012 03:33PM
WOW awesome thank you
tod- Nov 22, 2012 02:48PM
didnt help me
Krissy- Nov 26, 2012 12:02AM
Worked for me! Thanks!
Amar- Dec 15, 2012 06:34PM
Many thanks!!!
Answer
+41
moins plus
Hey, I had the same issue .. 12 month old playing on the laptop lol
try pressing the Function key (Fn) ! It solved my prob . :) Hope this helps

dragon-girl- Nov 12, 2009 11:16AM
just fix mind. just press f7 and click yes or no. the problem will be solve
shannon165- Mar 20, 2010 09:01PM
fixed mine by pressing the function key only....I guess it depends on your computer, because f4 and f7 didn't work for me
samantha- Jun 21, 2010 09:46AM
the fn key is next to ctrl and the windows button
samantha- Jun 21, 2010 09:47AM
ma enter key and shift and arrows are not working
Random Person- Oct 15, 2012 07:02AM
This did not help me either
Answer
+16
moins plus
My problem is when im playing a game (in my case im controlling a monkey) to move the monkey i have to use the arrow keys and when i pres left then let my finger off left it keeps going left, sometimes the fix was to press left then right but now when i press left then right it just keeps going right. same happens with up and down
i tried this with various other games and the problem persists

Any clues

HOLLY- Jun 19, 2010 04:44PM
OMG ITS WORKED YEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS! THX JER
samantha- Jun 21, 2010 09:40AM
i canot get my arrow keys to work atoll the scroll lock is on a still cant get them to work
Monika- Jun 22, 2010 07:49PM
exactly the same with me i tried everything, F7, F12, FN, nothing workss=[[[[
Piesang- Jul 13, 2010 05:28AM
Ok I also struggled for a while but this is how you do it : F7 does work but when you press it make sure have clicked once outside the flash game area. Awnser YES if it prompts whether you want to turn "Caret Browsing" on. Then click once in the game area and Wolla ... It works
anonymous- Dec 19, 2012 12:28PM
F7 worked for me
thaaaaanx alot guys ;)
Answer
+15
moins plus
I had the same problem for months and someone told me to press the F4 key and if that doesn't work try the F7 key. Just press it and see if it scrolls, if not go to the next one and try it. Good luck.

Answer
+8
moins plus
I couldn't use arrow function in Excel. Pressed the Scroll key. All is well! thanks for the insight!

Answer
+8
moins plus
every time when you are about to play the game press on the box where thhe game is once u have pressed on the screen (with the mouse) press the tab button

dude- Jun 30, 2010 11:56AM
that momentarily helped my problem but only because it was tabbing through the items on the screen. but once i clicked again (which i need to do for the game) it doesnt work anymore
Answer
+8
moins plus
How do I get my left bottom arrow back? I can not scroll with out it.

Answer
+7
moins plus
WHAT DOES IT MEAN WHEN YOU TRY TO PLAY AN GAME BUT YOU CANT USE THE DOWN ARROW KEY BECAUSE IT WILL MOVE DOWN THE GAME SCREEN WHILE IM PLAYING BUT YOU CAN USE ALL THE OTHER KEYS?

Answer
+3
moins plus
hi,
go to
control panel,
internet options,
click on "advanced"
check the browsing tools
and select the "allow smooth scroll"

Joe- Jan 21, 2009 09:43AM
Thanks! It was selected already but I unchecked the box and selected again. :)
Fk12- Mar 7, 2010 08:04AM
that doesnt work just stops if from scroll smoothly when u dont allow it it just go up a few FPS inches so it dont work
bhati- Mar 29, 2010 12:09PM
my normal arrow keys are not working whereas the nuber arrow keys on right hand side are working
samantha- Jun 21, 2010 10:02AM
MA ARROWS ARE NOT WORKING ATALL
Answer
+3
moins plus
ok i bought a laptop dell inspiron from ebay it was complpetely new i gusse only thing rong is the arrow keys dont work when i use my external keyboar it does but when i use the laptops keys it doesnt this has been acurring for 2yrs now and its realy starting to make me mad i cant play any games

Answer
+3
moins plus
Use the letter keys
'A' for right
'S' for down
'D' for left
and
'W' for up

Hope this helps! ;)

Answer
+3
moins plus
f3 worked for me i got toshiba laptop thanks

Answer
+2
moins plus
Hi,
I'm experiencing the same issue except it's only happening on my igoogle home page. When I click the down or up arrow, it's as if I'm using page up or page dn.
I tried the control panel > internet options > advanced > check "smooth scrolling" (it was checked, so I unchecked and rechecked). Still no joy.
Any other ideas?
IE7
XP sp3
Thxs

oreostamp- May 6, 2010 09:09PM
omg F7 worked for my thanks guys xoxo
lea- Jun 20, 2010 11:15AM
F7 worked ..yahooo!!!!
Monika- Jun 22, 2010 07:46PM
my up and down arrows dont work and im trying to play a game and its not working at all. Any advice on how to make it work???
nynne- Jun 24, 2010 02:03AM
I JUST CANT FIGURE IT OUT :'(+:-@!!!! I tried everything and nothing work!!! I was playing a game with arrow keys and i kept pressing up and down to dodge because I keep losing!!!
Why you guys ask? It keeps scrolling down so I can't see whats above and when I press up, Its annoying going up...!!
adulik- Jun 29, 2010 08:12AM
F7 defo helped me.... thanks for the advice
Answer
+0
moins plus
Where do I find the FN key? I'm having the same problem on my laptop.

ajoa- Oct 15, 2009 01:07PM
the FN key is in the bottom left of my laptop keyboard.
But this doesn't fix my issue with it page down. Any other suggestions?
AbeerHamid- Dec 13, 2009 01:02PM
my problem solved by pressing Scroll button... try this
Answer
+0
moins plus
Just click on the main part of the screen where your working.

Answer
+0
moins plus
I was having similar problems. My up down arrows either wouldn't scroll in firefox or they would jump to the top and the bottom. So after researching, I just tried pressing function keys... and... voila, F7 did the trick. No idea why, but as suggested somewhere above, I'd start at F1 and go to the end (F12) one at a time and see if that does the trick.

Bob- Jul 21, 2010 07:35PM
My wife's laptop computer (Louise) had the same problem. F7 worked magic!
Thanks!
Sher- Nov 27, 2012 08:04AM
Press the ScrollLock key (in between PrtScrn and Pause at top of keyboard.
This document entitled « Problem Scrolling with Arrow Keys (IE7) » from Kioskea (en.kioskea.net) is made available under the Creative Commons license. You can copy, modify copies of this page, under the conditions stipulated by the license, as this note appears clearly.

Not a member yet?

sign-up, it takes less than a minute and it's free!

Members get more answers than anonymous users.

Being a member gives you detailed monitoring of your requests.

Being a member gives you additional options.