Windows XP: SP2
Intel Pentium 4, CPU 3.4Ghz
Nvidia GeForce 8500GT
2GB Ram

Thanks...
R

2 responses

It will run dude,

And more importantly, you don't need to upgrade to SP2, just do the following.
Hit 'Start' then 'Run'
Then type in 'regedit'
Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE, then SYSTEM, then CurrentControlSet, then windows
From here on in click "CSDVersion" and click modify, change "0x00000200" (SP2) to "0x00000300" by typing 300 in the field where 200 once was.
Close it down,
Restart (MAKE SURE YOU RESTART)
And bam, your on your way to play GTA, I recommend with your graphics card to put all graphics down. The game will still be wicked looking.

Have fun,
Keep in mind that GTA4 is buggy as shit, it keeps freezing, even on better graphics cards, so keep your drivers updated.

Laters,
Pasha.
thnx a lot 4 da help
UR my savior. may every step you take be showered with rose petals. TNX
dude when i click on *HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE*
i cant find the SYSTEM thingy your reffering to
pls help man :(
dude i couldnt find the windows thingy part on your instructions to make gta work pls help
Thanks man, thanks a lot! Although you missed a little part in it, let me correct it for you. After typing regedit in the run you will go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE -> SYSTEM -> Current Control Set -> Control*(this is the part wihich you missed) -> Windows. After single clicking on windows on the right you will see a file named "CSDVersion", double click on it, then change the value data from 200 to 300. But the real credit goes to pasha.
nomadcrys Posts 195 Registration date Tuesday November 18, 2008 Status Member Last seen January 29, 2010 48
Feb 6, 2009 at 02:44 AM
The recommended specs are as follows:

* Processor: Dual core processor (Intel Pentium D or better)
* RAM: 2GB
* Hard Drive: 18GB free hard disk space
* Video Card: 512MB Direct3D 10 compatible video card or Direct3D 9 card compatible with Shader
* Drive: DVD-ROM dual-layer drive

and it will work on your 8500GT just upgrade to SP3
my computer have the recommended requirements but i have service pack 2 will it run??
xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,826 > mik
Feb 6, 2009 at 08:52 PM
use this registry modification to trick Windows into thinking SP3 is loaded:

Hit 'Start' then 'Run'
Then type in 'regedit'
Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE, then SYSTEM, then CurrentControlSet, then windows
From here on in click "CSDVersion" and click modify, change "0x00000200" (SP2) to "0x00000300" by typing 300 in the field where 200 once was.
Close it down,
Restart (MAKE SURE YOU RESTART)
And bam, your on your way to play GTA, I recommend with your graphics card to put all graphics down. The game will still be wicked looking.

Have fun,
Keep in mind that GTA4 is buggy as shit, it keeps freezing, even on better graphics cards, so keep your drivers updated.