Ask a question Report

Realtek HD sound problems w/ 5.1 speaker [Solved/Closed]

Kaddy333 1Posts Tuesday December 23, 2008Registration date December 24, 2008Last seen - Latest answer on Jan 6, 2013 02:51PM
Hello,
Hi, I have windows vista 64 bit SP1. My sound card is an integrated Realtek HD 5.1. Picked up the Logitech x-540 speaker system yesterday and installed them today. While doing the test. I can not get the front 2 speakers to work as the front L/R speakers. They will only work under 7.1 as the Surround sound side speakers. Every other speaker works in its correct spot during test. Supposedly its only a 5.1 card. So why does it have a 7.1 setting on the sound setup. Hate to have to take these back as they were a good deal. Do I have a bad channel on my brand new computer sound card? Any idea on what it could be? Thanks in advance.
Read more 
Answer
+116
moins plus
I had the same problem and all I had to do is move the green speaker wire for the output to the other green jack. Your card is probably set up for 7.1 and you have your speaker wire hooked into the 7.1 slot and not the 5.1 which is why the PC recognizes the FL and FR speaker as SL and SR.

benijoh- Jul 4, 2009 03:03AM
Dulator here is right... It did help me..
Predrag- Aug 7, 2010 09:15AM
Workkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk at least!!!!! Thakns a lot!
Pozdrav svima
Dorian- Jan 1, 2013 12:13AM
Thank goodness. This fixed mine, can't believe I didn't try moving to the other green jack but thanks.
Avroman- Jan 6, 2013 02:51PM
Thanks - solved my problem
Answer
+50
moins plus
1.First Download the Realtek High Definition Audio Driver R2.37...

2.Install it....

3.Go to Control panel----->Sound----->Speakers(DoubleClick it)....

The Speaker properties windows appears in that go to Enhancements tab...Select the Speaker Fill ...

Then Check the speaker...your 5.1 or 2.1 wil works fine.....

If Ur all speaker working well reply me.....

http://social.answers.microsoft.com/...

Padlok- May 16, 2010 01:16AM
worked like a beaut

thnx mate ur a legend
arunace 1Posts Saturday February 20, 2010Registration date May 16, 2010Last seen - May 16, 2010 05:53AM
well i already tried that ... a long time back .. it does work a little... but the rear speakers dont have the full sound quality and there is an extra distortion or something like that in those speakers when u only hear them .. so its the not the actual solution to this prob... but still thanx ... maybe it works better with some other system or card or speakers... :)
Hershed- Jun 6, 2010 01:40PM
Superbb...
Its worked fine after a long time....
Thanks a lot man...
Taniger1- Aug 10, 2010 02:24PM
Worked like a champ thanks!!!
Sigma- Oct 17, 2012 03:00PM
Stop telling people to turn on "Speaker fill"!! It is not true 5.1, it's just echoing the front speakers
Answer
+20
moins plus
Guys i found a way for W7:
Go Control Panel->Hardware and Sounds->Sound->Speakers->Dolby and click Dolby prologic IIx (natural bass is optional)

this seems to be the season why the sound was not forwarded to 5.1 and only to front speakers.

Answer
+7
moins plus
i cant hear my speaker sound i dont know why

Answer
+5
moins plus
Ever get anywhere with this?

I had to do a two day back recovery due to the Audacity multitracking business causing my PC to crash when I tried to to demo larger file songs.

Now my stupid little speakers won't play even though they play with the audio test.

I was unplugging a bunch of stuff???

Answer
+5
moins plus
let me share this solution for all

Install the new version of your driver and of course uninstall the current version. After uninstalling the driver and reboot it to automatically reinstall it, the audio still may not work. Amazingly though, sometimes after putting the system in hibernate mode and coming back, the audio worked.

Hope it helps, if it doesn't , noaudiooutput.com have other suggestion. I used their solution and it works now.

Answer
+4
moins plus
i tryed all the stuff possible is true if u check the bass management, and speaker fill u can hear a better sound in 5,1 but still my rear speaker right and left , the sound is distorsionated and its very low... how can we fix this omg...!!! ?

Answer
+2
moins plus
yes well the thing is that the speakers should work W/O the speaker fill option. that option will distorsion you audio quality ... the speaker fill, i repeat, is not an option. i have the same problem with my 5.1 surround system (logitech) on windows 7...still didn`t manage to fix it... i have updated my sound card with latest drivers and still doesnt work..if you have any suggestion..they are most welcome.

arunace- Feb 20, 2010 10:03PM
well "SOUL" , actually i agree with u the sound fill option shudnt be taken as a solution to this problem .. even i tried almost everything , i have installed the latest sound drivers , i have the sound drivers from diff vendors too like soundmax etc. but did not work obviously , well i think its just that the same hardware and software works fine when it is XP but the sound drivers for the windows vista or 7 havent been able to handle it as good as in XP .
i downloaded an actual audio format wmv file from http://lynnemusic.com or something like that to check my 5.1 speakers , well it works great then and it does pass the sound test in the sound manager , so there is something wrong with the speakers when playing normal mp3 songs or something else normally with wmp or vlc or some other player.

do let me know if somebody has a solution to this ... except having to buy a new sound card or using some other vendors sound drivers.

well i have creative 5.1 speakers and a normal built in-sound card on asus motherboard m2n68 am2+ ,
and yeah for all the others , the CLOSEST to satisfaction of sound (still not that good )which i got was from
1) enabling the 5.1 speakers setup
2) enabling the "speaker fill" option
3) then choosing an option from the environments like room , hall etc . which fills the sound in the speakers better than before. (still not that good but u can try it out)

OR

u can change the experience by simply interchanging the rear speakers with the front speakers to get more coverage of sound output ,atleast the center speaker compensates for the front speakers and u get better output from the rear ones .

but still ... somebody find the solution to this problem ... plzzzzzz
Matt- Mar 12, 2010 05:49PM
the speakers will only opperate in 2.1 ch mode unless u have a sounds card by creative or another company which suppors X-Fi CMMS 3D or like if u boot up a game and try it should work fine, try to go for one with 5.1 ch support its not the speakers or the card its ur setting when playing a mp3 they are coded only o play in 2.1 ch mode unless forced by X-Fi CMMS 3D or a mode there like hopw this helps

Matt
Matt- Mar 12, 2010 05:51PM
The speakers will only opperate in 2.1 ch mode unless u have a sounds card by creative or another company which suppors X-Fi CMMS 3D or like if u boot up a game and try it should work fine, try to go for one with 5.1 ch support its not the speakers or the card its ur setting when playing a mp3 they are coded only o play in 2.1 ch mode unless forced by X-Fi CMMS 3D or a mode there like hopw this helps

Matt
Answer
+2
moins plus
i'm running windows 7 64 bits and i found an old software from realtek that enables you to run in surround sound with a lot of softwares
it's called 3D Sound Back
i was annoyed of the sound issues with the realteck software and the option to fill the speakers gave me a distorted rear sound

Answer
+0
moins plus
Just google for vinyl audio and down load the file instead of chip maker site. I just fixed my audio after having the same problem.

Also please do not forget to reboot your computer. You will be amazed to see the audio device and sound device in your audio device manager. If need more help, write to me. Vinyl audio rules

TK

jdub479- Jan 26, 2009 06:41PM
So, let me get this straight. You installed the latest Vinyl drivers ( which are for VIA chipsets) and got everything to work properly with your realtek audio? Was this with Vista 64-bit or 32-bit? Also, will this interfere with the Realtek Audio Console? Thank you for the suggestion and the advise!
Answer
+0
moins plus
Well whats wierd is during movies and games it worked. I guess I just wasn't listening to the correct "output" at the time. Everything seems to be ok now.

Answer
+0
moins plus
try to plug the cable for front speakers into the GREEN input in stead of the black one. It should help..

ph03n1x- Oct 7, 2009 10:26PM
I uninstalled the drivers, let my computer reinstall them, configured my speakers for 5.1 in their properties and moved the green plug to the green input just below it. Now my speakers work wonderfully -- dare I say, better than they did in XP!
Answer
+0
moins plus
thats SO weird. I'm on vista on a new comp.

I had my cheap speakers connected to the white output and it worked ok for months. All of a sudden today the sound went out, I thought i kicked the wire loose. It refused to give me sound even reinstalling the realtek driver, under the manager the only "sound" was coming from the 7.1 settings... And even there I didnt get the full sounds only background echoes and such.

I connected it to the green output and its working...but why did it act up now all of a sudden?

I was getting very frustrated and was about to do a system restore to factory settings.

Answer
+0
moins plus
This appears to be a bug/issue with Vista/Windows 7 Realtek drivers. I can't comment on 32 bit, but I know this is happening with Windows 7 64-bit for sure. I did not have this issue with XP 32-bit.

As people have said before, playing 2-channel audio with Speaker Fill ON sounds distorted in every speaker except the front 2 channels. If you play 5.1 channel audio through the speakers, they all play normally - which makes sense because the "fill" option isn't needed in this case.

Like I said, I did not have this issue at all in XP. Speaker Fill would play audio correctly in all speakers. I'm hoping Realtek realizes and fixes this issue, however, to be fair, this might be an Vista/Windows 7 issue. Either way, something has definitely changed in the way Speaker Fill works from XP to Vista/Windows 7.

I saw that 3D Sound Back program, but I didn't think it would work in Windows 7. I'll give it a try since the previous user says it's working ok.

Answer
+0
moins plus
My audio is intergrated into my mother board it has gone bad (my audio is distorted).
can I install an audio card I have an open slot.
Thank you

mrzib123@gmail.com

Answer
+0
moins plus
If you have p5qpl-am it should be connected like this (from aleft to right if you are looking at back of Pc) orange->green.*black :) wish it would help

Answer
moins plus
i loose my audio device i need to installed again

Answer
moins plus
Use windows setting, they are there and waiting to be used, just go to sound controlls and click advanced and set the speaker configuration

Logan- Aug 17, 2010 02:35PM
its not clickable........ fix that ...
This document entitled « Realtek HD sound problems w/ 5.1 speaker » from Kioskea (en.kioskea.net) is made available under the Creative Commons license. You can copy, modify copies of this page, under the conditions stipulated by the license, as this note appears clearly.

Not a member yet?

sign-up, it takes less than a minute and it's free!

Members get more answers than anonymous users.

Being a member gives you detailed monitoring of your requests.

Being a member gives you additional options.