Word 2007 won't let me print on legal size pa

Closed
LT - Dec 17, 2008 at 01:01 PM
 LT - Dec 19, 2008 at 11:42 AM
Hello,
We just got this new computer with vista and word 2007 last year and this is the first time I've tried to do this. But, I can't print my Christmas letter which has text and photos on an 8x14 piece of paper. It looks fine when I open up the file but when I go into print preview or try to print it, the bottom 2 inches disappears. It's not continued onto another page. I have the printer and everything set up for 8x14 but it just won't print that last 2 inches. I tried opening an old Christmas letter and print that one since i'ts also 8x14 and now it has the same problem. I don't know if its the computer of if its word. It's as if it refuses to let me use 8x14 but it doesn't push the rest of the letter to another page, it just doesn't show up. I tried saving it under word 2003 but still won't work.
Related:

1 response

xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,826
Dec 17, 2008 at 08:46 PM
Since it's just dropping the last lines, I suspect it's an interface problem between Word and the printer. Make sure you have configured the printer from within Word.
Thanks for the advice, I really appreciate it. My husband and I were thinking the same thing, but it may be that our printer is too old to work right with vista.