Network Asking Password

Closed
jowher - Sep 5, 2010 at 05:33 AM
 alex2010 - Oct 3, 2010 at 06:28 PM
Hello,

Hi Dear all... I have to computers added in domain.. but both loging as local user... I share my printer of computer1 to computer2... everytime after restarting I loses the connection.. why...?... And each time I should hav to give the username and password... How to avoid asking password and username

1 response

You have to change some security options on the computer which resources you want to access to. Here are the steps:
1. Click start->run and type secpol.msc on the run dialog box and hit enter (or click ok). This will open the local security settings console.
2. On the left pane of the Local Security Settings expand the local policies and click security options.
3. On the right pane, look for the settings that says "Accounts: Limit local account use of passwords to console logon only", double click on it and and select disabled and click ok.
4. Then look for the settings that says "Network access: Sharing and security model for local accounts", double click on it and on the combobox select the option that says "Classic - local users authenticate as themselves" and click ok.

You may have to disable the guest account for this to work.

But I think there's already a glitch on this option since this worked for me before. But now, I have still to provide username and password though only for the first time you logon to the network. (But at least you don't have to provide a password except only if the target PC's logged on user has put password on his/her account)

One more thing, you do not need to create another user account on that computer you are accessing to to have access on it, just use the user name of the account currently logged in on that PC.

Hope this helps :)

copyed from another site