Oopsie! Monitor fell....the actual story

Closed
Stacey - Nov 18, 2008 at 04:38 PM
xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 - Nov 18, 2008 at 04:57 PM
Hello,
okay. that original message was blank. lol. Anyway, somehow my 17" Planar Flat Panel tipped off the front of my desk today and was hanging by the cable and power cord... I immediately picked it up and turned it on and it said NO SIGNAL. I rescrewed the one side of the cable on the back of the monitor to make it snug and checked my connection on the back of the pc...everything snug. Turned it on and now all I get is a faint white screen. What pulled loose/shorted out when the monitor fell? Something I can do at home to try to fix it? Worth repairing? OMG please help! Thanks!
Related:

1 response

xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,826
Nov 18, 2008 at 04:57 PM
remove all the cables and reconnect them ((( while the power is off))) Promise to name your first born "Planar" say a quick prayer and turn everything back on. You might have damaged either the plug on the monitor or pulled loose a wire in the cable itself. See if you can borrow a different cable and try that one. Given the price of new flat screens it might be cheaper to buy a new one than to find someone who can fix yours.