Matshita DVD-Ram UJ 850S ATA - Code 10

Closed
Sweets - Nov 17, 2008 at 07:24 PM
 Skeeter.Gz@msn.com - Mar 20, 2010 at 03:22 PM
Hello,
My dvd won't work at all. When I go to the device manager it says Code 10. Can you help?
Thanks,
Sweets
Related:

8 responses

contactpro Posts 8 Registration date Saturday November 15, 2008 Status Member Last seen May 25, 2009 4
Nov 18, 2008 at 03:16 AM
hello buddy,

just try to open the casing of your computer disconnect the ide cable at the back of your dvd rom and then replug it and try to see what happens to it. according to this error it comes from an incompatible, missing or wrong device but if your dvd rom is new and that you are sure of that then do what i just told you above. also just check out this link buddy:

https://www.theinternetpatrol.com/what-the-error-this-device-cannot-start-code-10-in-audio-driver-means/
so what actually does that mean. i still don't understand how to fix it. it happened when i installed i tunes
PEPPERMINT PATTY
Jan 25, 2009 at 09:03 PM
I HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM. AND IT ALSO SAY CODE 10. DID YOU GET ANY HELP?
I HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM CURRENTLY I AM TRYING TO RESOLVE THIS ISSUE WITH THE HARDWARE MANUFACTURER. HOWEVER, IF YOU A RECIEVING A "CODE 10" THIS MEANS THAT THERE IS AM ISSUE WITH EITHER

1. YOUR COMPUTER ACCEPTING THE HARDWARE INSTALLED

OR

2. MICROSOFT CORPORATION OR SOME MALICIOUS REGISTRY KEY IS PREVENTING YOU DEVICE FROM STARTING CORRECTLY.

I HAVE FOUND IN MOST CASES THAT MICROSOFT CAUSES THIS ERROR WITH UNWITTING COMPUTER USERS HOW DO NOT KNOW ABOUT HOW HARDWARE WORKS.

IN CLOSING SUE THE MANUFACTURER OR MICROSOFT FOR DEFECTIVE WORKMANSHIP AND OR FALSE PRODUCT DESCRIPTIONS.

THEN THE PRODUCT WILL WORK WITH NO ERRORS EH???

TRY IT SEE IF IT WORKS FOR YOU.

Didn't find the answer you are looking for?

Ask a question
Skeeter.Gz@msn.com
Mar 20, 2010 at 03:22 PM
I found the resolution to the Matshita DVD-Ram UJ-850s ATA Device Drivers.
This is different than altering your registry, and it works via Microsoft.
Please follow directions carefully or either the Read or the Write won't work.
In order for this to work - (YOU WILL NEED A BLANK DVD AND A FULL DVD WITH SOME KIND OF PROGRAM ON IT)
https://support.microsoft.com/fixit#tab2

Click (or copy and paste) the link above to begin the process. Click on the first option Your CD/DVD drive cannot read or write media in Windows Vista. Click on the big "RUN NOW" button to the right, then select "Continue" when your computer asks your permission. Then Select Detect problems and apply the fixes for me (Recommended). It gives you two options "Read a CD/DVD and Write a CD/DVD" you will need to run both options separately once for each issue you're having with your hardware. You will see your device listed, click on your device. It will ask you for a disc. For the Read part of it, you need to insert a DVD Disc with something on it such as a program, of any kind. Insert the disc and click on your device. NOTE: If you forget to insert a full DVD Disc your DVD Device door will pop out, then you will be forced to insert a DVD disc with a program on it. The program will continue and configure your DVD device.
After it completes return back to the first page where it says "RUN NOW". Click on "RUN NOW' again and follow the same steps. When you see the screen with the two options "Read a CD/DVD and Write a CD/DVD" and "Write a CD/DVD", this time select "Write a CD/DVD" option. NOTE: IT IS VERY IMPORTANT THAT YOU INSERT A BLANK DVD IN ORDER TO COMPLETE THIS PROCESS. The program is configuring the write portion and it needs to be able to write on the blank DVD in order to complete the process. Then follow the rest of the steps and complete the process.
THAT'S IT !!!
Congratulations, you can now use 100% of you DVD device and there is no risk with altering the registry.
Sincerely Skeeter.Gz@msn.com
hi,

my dvd drive is not working, can you help me with that? i have uninstalled the the drive and i cant find any driver in the internet.
Dear Sir:
My dvd won't work at all. When I go to the device manager it says Code 10. Can you help?
Thanks,
Wayne
Configuration: Windows Vista
Internet Explorer 7.0
I got that error code as well after I downloaded a Broderbund Print shop software. My CD/Dvd drive just stopped working. I uninstalled the offending software and did a system restore to earlier in the day before I had installed the Broderbund Program. It worked!!! The drive is now working properly!!!
Madgeezer > Patti C
Feb 3, 2009 at 01:30 PM
Method 1: Remove the registry entry

WARNING: Serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly by using Registry Editor or by using another method.

These problems might require that you reinstall your operating system. Microsoft cannot guarantee that these problems can be solved. Modify the registry at your own risk. Note If you had installed multiple CD-writing software products on your computer, you need to uninstall the software products before you remove the registry keys.

1. Click Start, and then click Run.
2. In the Open box, type regedit, and then click OK.
3. Locate and then click the following registry subkey:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/System/CurrentControlSet/Control/Class/{4d36e965-e325-11ce-bfc1-08002be10318}
4. On the File menu, click Export.
5. In the File name box, type savedkey, and then click Save.
6. Click the REG_MULTI_SZ data type UpperFilters, and then click Delete on
the Edit menu. When you are prompted to confirm the deletion, click Yes.

Note If this data type is missing, go to Method 2.
7. Click the REG_MULTI_SZ data type LowerFilters, and then click Delete on
the Edit menu. When you are prompted to confirm the deletion, click Yes.

8. Quit Registry Editor, and then restart the computer.
WBever > Madgeezer
Feb 13, 2010 at 12:06 PM
Dear expert,

Thanks for your excellent advice.

You solved my problem

Regards,

Hein
This works fine on most laptops including mine, but be careful & follow the instructions correctly or you could damage your computer more!