Media download before driver download????

Closed
teen-teen - Nov 13, 2008 at 03:55 PM
xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 - Nov 13, 2008 at 04:41 PM
Hello,

I have a HP Pavilion dv2940se

i recently had to upgrade windows--but since i was going from a 64-bit version to a 32-bit version, i had to reinstall all the drivers afterward, and someone who really didn't know what they were doing did it for me.....

Anyway, I'm having 2 separate issues:

1) the audio plugs on the front of the computer don't work (speaker and headphone sockets). the speakers work but, when i plug in headphones, or speakers into the headphone jack, it's as if nothing was plugged in at all.

I tried to download the correct audio driver for my computer--but it wouldn't complete the download because it said that the "media device" was missing... what is this media device and where can i find it?

2) Also, the little quickie media buttons just below the screen of the computer and above the keyboard don't work, either. I'm hoping it's not true that they only work in association with 64-bit windows... that would suck royally.

Anyway, any help you can provide will be so very greatly appreciated!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks in advance :D
Related:

1 response

xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,826
Nov 13, 2008 at 04:41 PM
That message is telling you that you have the wrong driver. download all the drivers that are appropriate for your PC from this site: http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareList?os=2093&lc=en&dlc=en&cc=us&product=3747185&lang=en

Don't download the BIOS update or any provers for devices that are not installed.

HP Quickplay is the driver you need for your Media Buttons

Good Luck