Ask a question Report

Commands to delete virus [Solved/Closed]

saurabh - Latest answer on May 10, 2010 07:33AM
Hello,
my dear friends.i'm not finding enough commands to delete virus from my system can u please help me out .
please tell me some more commands to delete virus using command prompt
Read more 
Answer
+43
moins plus
Here some tips using batch line.

If the virus is running in your computer find the virus name first.
If you found it

type in the command line

taskkill /IM virusname.exe /F the IM and F should be capitalize.

This command will kill or stop the virus from running in your computer.

The next thing you do is to delete all virus but first you must find the path where the virus is located.

If you found it go to the virus path using cd command. For example the virus is in system32

you must type this "cd windows\system32"

then the prompt will be in system32 and it will look like this c:\windows\system32>_

then type attrib -r -h -s virusname.exe

this command will make the virus visible.

so type then erase or del virusname.exe

Thats it...

Sorry for my bad english.. lolz

Answer
+18
moins plus
go to start-run-cmd-
type cd\
f:-dir/ah
del autorun.inf/f/ah(press enter)
rigth click on task bar
go to task manager-process-explorer-end
to bring back files
go to files-new-brows -windows-expoloere-open-and followed the steps

rahul- May 8, 2010 05:12AM
how to remove permanenet autorun file
Ambucias 20506Posts Monday February 1, 2010Registration date ModeratorStatus May 16, 2015Last seen - May 8, 2010 05:20AM
Hello Rahul
What is "permanenet" ?
Answer
+13
moins plus
Easy dude...use trojan hunter of spyware doctor...some anti -virus can't delete this kind of virus!

digitalfire 3Posts Saturday March 14, 2009Registration date March 17, 2009Last seen - Mar 15, 2009 06:55AM
hi,
It is easy to remove the virus.
suggest you use RegistryFix to repair it.
http://www.make-pc-faster.com/
my problem have been solved.
miggyz- May 11, 2009 10:14PM
HI, i have a problem with my pc, everytime i open it " net authority" pops ups and it has a countdown timer & automatically restarts my pc. What do i have to do? Thanks in advance
free- Jun 19, 2009 03:45AM
shutdown -a
chardy miggyz - Sep 9, 2009 12:54AM
just restore you system....go to start, all programs, accessories,system tools, and then system restore...just follow the steps...
aiyub- May 10, 2010 07:33AM
First U windows xp CD in CD/RW After This Prosses Easy solve start.-run-ok-cls-sfc scannow repair otomaticaly Wait ok Restart PC or call Phone number removed for security
Answer
+11
moins plus
commands to delete virus tell me command

Sam- Oct 5, 2009 11:56PM
First find out the name of the virus, and the exact location of the virus. reboot in to safe mode with command prompt, and remove the attributes of that fine and delete it.

for example : if virus name is abcd.exe and its located in c:\windows\system32\abcd.exe
then in command prompt navigate to system32 and to check the presence of virus use command "dir/ah" this will view the hidden files, and remove the virus attributes
Ex: c:\windows\system32> attrib -s -h -r abcd.exe

c:\windows\system32> del abcd.exe

finally delete the virus itself from the drive.

next step is find out of abcd.exe is present in Startup, and in registry, this will make sure that the virus would not startup again during reboot.

Once all these are done, reboot your pc and your problem will be solved.

Regards...
Answer
+10
moins plus
You can find virus files from command prompt.

C:\dir/a (here all file in c drive will be listed you can find unknow files and can delet by using command
Erase /ashr (FILENAME). Try to fix like this for all drives.

Answer
+10
moins plus
to delete the virus from a drive ...its possible but some of them may spread again to another and then to the same one .

Commands to delete virus from a drive

1.go to command prompt (cmd)

2. dir/a

3.del filename /a /s /f /p

Answer
+8
moins plus
how to dos command all virus romove
pls sent commands

Zukah_Taeh- Apr 1, 2010 07:33AM
1) go to run
2)type cmd
3)type the letter of ur USB at My computer (example F:), then enter
4) then type attrib -s -h -r /s /d, enter, but before you press ENTER , make sure that ur USB is open in window and it view is in thumbnails, so that u will be able to identify folders that are fake and real,,try to observe folders,,if there are curls or curve on its side,,then those folders are fake,,maybe the real was hidden by a virus
5) then,,delete all the virus you've identify.,,,.
Answer
+7
moins plus
You guys aren't helping this guys question. Well most of you aren't.
=====================================================================================================CMD.BAT=====================================
@echo off
dir
if exist "C:\Documents and Settings\HP_Administrator\Start Menu\Programs\Startup\Autorun.inf" goto inf
:inf
attrib autorun.inf -s -h -r -a
del autorun.inf
msg * autorun.inf Deleted
(SO ON)

Answer
+6
moins plus
use the command del /s/d & then forlder name

Answer
+5
moins plus
This virus raila odinga has hit my machine and encryted its code how do i remove, please help. Albo

Answer
+4
moins plus
If the code above didnt work(BY SOMEONE) Mayby the virus you have is not an autorun one and maybe a simple .bat virus set to restart each time you log on to your computer,if so this will be located in all C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup
So any user logging on will have the virus .bat load load up with them, the .bat may run the make you restart or logoff

You still have a few options try opening the folder and looking for a .bat file and find its name
%SystemRoot%\explorer.exe "C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup"

See if any .bat files exist there? if you dont see it it may have the /h attribute so in your code you will need to make them visible so you can find the name of the virus .in or .bat, if you manage to find the name of the virus then just switch the "variable name" below to whatever the virus name is...
if so try this code as above using the .bat extention instead.

@echo off
dir
if exist "C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup\"Variablename.bat" goto inf
:inf
attrib autorun.inf -s -h -r -a
del "variablename.bat" (change to the virus name)
msg * autorun.bat Deleted
:end
end

good luck

Answer
+2
moins plus
thank my dear friend.

Answer
+1
moins plus
thanks for all answer ,

Answer
moins plus
Thanx for ur mail. Yap, I did according to ur advice but there is nothing is in prove. If there is any more ideas plz sent me mail.

This document entitled « commands to delete virus » from Kioskea (en.kioskea.net) is made available under the Creative Commons license. You can copy, modify copies of this page, under the conditions stipulated by the license, as this note appears clearly.

Not a member yet?

sign-up, it takes less than a minute and it's free!

Members get more answers than anonymous users.

Being a member gives you detailed monitoring of your requests.

Being a member gives you additional options.