HP Pavillion dv6000 Graphic Card problem

Solved/Closed
kamver - Nov 4, 2008 at 04:21 PM
 Ahmed - Feb 4, 2013 at 11:49 AM
Hello,

my HP pavillion dv6000 is having a problem. at start-up the laptop beeps once long and two short ones. at the link 'http://ccm.net/contents/pc/bios.php3' it says it is a problem with the graphics card. the only problem for this is I do not know where the graphics card is located and how to fix this problem. if you have any possible solutions to this problem please post =)
Related:

73 responses

What seemed to work for me was to do the heat thing, I have used both a domestic iron and a soldering iron, take the CMOS battery out to reset the bios for however long it takes.

Then when windows has loaded uninstall the nvidia graphics driver and just use the standard vga adapter that windows will install automatically.

Shut the laptop down and do the CMOS battery reset again, start it up and on the display tab in the devices section it should either have no display adapter or the standard vga one.

This has worked on a couple of G6000's which I have tested where installing the nvidia driver creates the startup problem again. Make sure to not use any nvidia drivers. It makes sense to me if the gpu isn't being used then there can't be a problem as all motherboards I guess have a standard graphics adapter built in aswell.
thirupathirao
Jun 26, 2010 at 10:31 AM
heard ware
Check to see if you installed your memory or hard drive correctly, just take them off and reinsert them
If you do not know how to repair dont try..get to tech person...heating solution will not help long......finally all with nvidia graphic with these blank screen problem are in deep....
Its a costy affair overall.....

Didn't find the answer you are looking for?

Ask a question
If you do not know how to repair dont try..get to tech person...heating solution will not help long......finally all with nvidia graphic with these blank screen problem are in deep....
Its a costy affair overall.....
Hello both, this is a common problem with the DV6000 Laptops. THe Nvidia GFX chip is the problem. There are some good youtube videos on how to fix but you'll need the flux and heat gun etc..... A lot of hassle if you ask me.
Thank you mehmet, I did it my way, I put it in thr bag turned on for half an hour then restarted it.
It worked .
is it booting to windows?
no its not booting at all. when I turn it on its just an empty screen and then about 5 seconds after I boot it, the is 1 long beep followed by 2 short beeps. in this whole process, the is no display
Lube > kamver
Feb 13, 2009 at 02:52 AM
My wifes desktop did the same, it is called the beep code, I think this one is because your memory has "jumped" out of the socket, open your pc up and check if it is slotted in place corectly. Hope this helps.
kamver > Lube
Feb 13, 2009 at 08:48 PM
I tried doing wat u said and I even took all the cihps and ram out and reinserted it. now nothing is wrong on the nside but still the laptop refuses to work
you need to reflow the graphic chip for about 25 minutes, look for reflow method on google, u will need tools to dismantle the laptop , take the motherboard out, then you would need a heat gun and liquid flux, its not as difficult as it sounds but I have fixed dv2000,dv6000, dv6500 and dv 9000 without any problem so far with 100% success, cheers
VT > abbas786
Nov 18, 2009 at 10:37 AM
Question, once motherboard is out what exactly is need it to be done, in order to reflow the Video Card talking about an DV6000
BTW, I have the DV9000.
Captain Incognito
Jun 24, 2009 at 03:06 PM
Ugh. It worked for a while. However, now I'm getting minor graphical glitches - I can still use my computer and all, but some things look a bit grainy. I'm a little nervous using it - I'm transferring files over to my desktop one bit at a time.

From what I gather it's standard in our laptops though - utterly ridiculous >.<
Thanks!
FinalFallenFantasy
Aug 28, 2009 at 06:36 PM
Thanks, but that's the problem - I want to try the method suggested by mehmet and JJ, but it won't turn on in the first place, and when it does, it freezes on the 'loading Windows' screen, so I was wondering if I should just leave it frozen to see if it heated up enough to try the suggestion. Thanks anyway.
grapic problem is very easy solved , but if you know .which one is the grapic chip . but this purpos you should be open the machine and you can repair this problem by easily .100% shour you can satout this problem .