Ask a question Report

Can't download attachments on my yahoo Email. [Solved/Closed]

Flashcat - Latest answer on Jul 14, 2010 03:44PM
Hello,
I have been unable to download any attachments from my yahoo emails. The statement "The requested URL was not found on this Server"always pops up. What by the way is URL? This has been happening only in the last two weeks. Prior to this I never had any problem opening attachments. I am not extremely computer savvy, so I don't know what to do to fix it. I still have the caveman dial up internet service with AOL, could this be a possible cause? I would really appreciate anyone who could help me with this, I need to be able to open up attachments for my job, and going to the unemployment office or Library to open my attachments is very inconvenient and time consuming. HELP!
Read more 
Answer
+61
moins plus
I had the same problem, which had to do with my anti-virus (Trend Micro). I had to go into Virus Controls; then Protection Against Viruses; click on Settings and uncheck the box that said "Threats in Web mail attachments". Remember, Yahoo uses Norton to download attachments so you can't have two virus protections "running" at the same time.

kc- Feb 22, 2009 09:50PM
I was not having any problem until at&t changed to mcafee then it started changed setting not to scan emails and it fixed it.
Anvacol- Apr 25, 2009 02:32AM
tks a lot!! I solved the problem in 5 secs. I never had issues with yahoo. but now seems to be more frequent this kind of issues. hmm.

Now i´m worried , desactivating the feature in norton antivirus means It will not be able to check other incoming emails from other servers like hotmail, g.mail, etc ?

what could be a better solution to this problem ?
P-chu- Apr 25, 2009 05:53AM
Hotmail, like Yahoo, check the attachments that go through their servers with their own anti-virus, so your safe with Hotmail as well. Gmail, to the best of what I recall, does not have an anti-virus checker.

As for your Norton AntiVirus (NAV), see if it has a log of what it has blocked, and see if it is blocking a site/URL that begins with 216.252.###.## and is associated with mail.yahoo.com. If it is, then hopefully NAV has a trusted site list that you can add the 216.252 URL. If it is an entire URL that includes the word "securedownload," then delete that word and anything after it when you add it to your trusted site list.
If a trusted site list is not possible, then maybe you can consider getting a different anti-virus, or installing a anti-malware to work along with NAV that would protect against web site threats and web mail attachment threats.
Ma- Nov 12, 2009 08:08AM
hey thanks a lot! I have een havin gtrouble with this for months, had to ask people to just copy paste it! thanks a lot
neurotransmitter- Apr 9, 2010 05:01AM
i've a problem with the attachment for yahoo email. its like i can't attach any files onto it. it has nothing to do with any anti-virus, it just can't be attached. any reason for this unusual phenomenon?
Answer
+27
moins plus
I can't open the email attachments on my yahoo emails. I keep getting the error message saying that the URL server could not be found on this system. is there anything I can do to fix this I am not a computer person so I wouldn't know when to look for things to make changes. Please help I have called everyone and no one knows what the problem is thanks.

Answer
+19
moins plus
I had the same problem and could not open attachments in Yahoo email. I went to Microsoft and found a solution.

Go to Internet Explorer and disable the Add Ons.

They are under the Tools and the Manage Add-Ons. I disabled all of them and then checked my email and the attachment opened. I then went back and enabled 1 at a time until I found the one that caused the problem. Mine happened to be under Mcaffee, the proxy, so all others could be enabled again. I left the proxy one disabled and everything is good again. Hope this helps you.

rick deb - Nov 20, 2009 01:17PM
I am unable to open Yahoo email attachments. Just began today.
The reasons stated: 1 something wrong with security settings from resorce
2 something wrong with URL
Rob deb - Mar 9, 2010 04:33PM
Unable to download attachments.

Thanks guys.Rob.
Greg- Dec 26, 2009 07:58PM
Awesome! I was having the same problem. Thank You for posting the solution!
Dj Ahda- Jan 12, 2010 09:24AM
Genious!!! Thanks for the post!!!
cathy rj- Jan 20, 2010 11:39PM
I can't thank you enough!! I have been struggling with this problem for two months! I could not figure out how to fix it. Thank you again!
Answer
+12
moins plus
Unable to download images as attachments to my, Yahoo xtra email. The image reaches the attach panel, but the download does not terminate

Answer
+10
moins plus
please help me open up my attachment

Answer
+7
moins plus
Is there a way to tell Yahoo not to use Norton Anti-Virus for download scan? Someone in the forum mentioned "Virus Controls" but I don't see it in my Yahoo options anywhere.

TS- Apr 15, 2009 01:57PM
People have asked and I haven't read the answer yet, so I'll ask again...If you only have Norton and you cannot open your received attachments, nor can anyone open yours, what can you do? This was not always a problem but, has been, for the past few months. It was this way in IE 7 so I upgraded to 8 and it's still doing it.
Can anyone figure this out?
Thank you.
P-chu- Apr 24, 2009 06:33AM
Do you have any other protection programs for internet threats other than Norton, such as anti-spywares or anti-malwares? Perhaps one of those may be blocking Yahoo Mail. On one of my machines, I have Norton 360 version 3, SuperAntiSyware, and Malwarebyte's Anti-Malware running, and I have not had any problems downloading attachments from Yahoo Mail. Also, if you use Windows, what level is your Security set at in the Internet Options?
Answer
+7
moins plus
I cannot download attachments on yahoo.

Answer
+5
moins plus
I'm having the same problem unable to open attachments/pics since this paty fall. I'm thinking about going to another email service. Why doesn't Yahoo Tech fix this problem.

Somebody suggested changing to m.yahoo.com/mail which they said has no Norton Anti Virus program.
This would make sense since my computer has an anti virus program and all the other security necessary.
Another suggestion was that a computer's anti virus program and Norton is too much anti virus and makes opening attachments a problem.

Answer
+5
moins plus
i can not open certen attachment on my email.It says no virus.I click the downlot
botten.After iclick the allow it is not showing the attach ment.It says ihave to do
somting with microsoft.

I am despert for help.

thank you

ARMAND

Answer
+4
moins plus
so what do we do if we dont have the "trend macro" or whatever.

how do we shut this thing off. Will the problem disappear if I load Norton anti-virus, which I recently bought but havent installed?

Answer
+3
moins plus

on their page, somwhere at the bottom is customer suport adress so you can send them e-mail

if thr attachments are to big, since you have dial up that cuold be a possible cause

deb- Nov 5, 2008 07:29AM
no one on ANY of yahoo pages is customer support. If you find something it takes you to forums and keeps going in circles. Yahoo is a joke and I am getting sooooooooo sick of them. I have attachments for my buisness that I need to open and I can't. It is very frustrating! I have DSL and I have the same problem and NEVER had it before
Joe- Mar 11, 2009 01:07PM
I had this problem. If you revert to Yahoo classic email it goes away!!!
Dbldiper deb - Sep 10, 2009 11:50AM
Not really a Yahoo problem. Open your Yahoo mail from Firefox browser. It will download the attachments just fine. Only IE8 has the download issue. I'm still working on why/how to fix.
slash- Jul 6, 2010 10:22PM
i have the same problem and i use a Firefox browser. I tried it on Explorer and Google Chrome as well. It could be something that has to do with the internet connection in my case.
There could be a different cause for everyone's case : (browser...trojan....internet connection speed...antivirus settings..etc )
Answer
+3
moins plus
i keep trying to send pics and the attachments wont upload for hours. just says attaching but not attachment completed. Try the send button, the awnser is attachment not finished. Could you help me fix it?

Answer
+3
moins plus
I had the same problem of downloading attachments from my Internet Explorer on Yahoo Mail, so I opened a new browser with Google Chrome and everything is back to normal; I got ride of Internet Explorer and Mozilla Firefox since. I must say Google is easy and simple and you don't have to click this and that; fast it is.

Answer
+2
moins plus
I have tried to get into my hotmail attachment it says run I hit it and it does nothing I hit save it willn't open either I get I got window vista my daughter got a laptop and she can get into it why cann't I

Answer
+1
moins plus
yahoo is the sh... , I agree
I had a problem, when I was creating yahoo account, there was no fckin way to fill the form with valid data, so I had to change the country and then passed

but I did contacted them back than, so if I find adress i will post it

Answer
+1
moins plus
no no i attachted from google .com only

Answer
+1
moins plus
Its a simple fix. Get rid of Internet Explorer. It's a POS. I had the same problems with not only yahoo email, but others as well. (gmail too) ONCE I LOADED GOOGLE CHROME, EVERYTHING IS AWESOME!!!

Answer
+1
moins plus
we can get information how to download the attachment from receiving mail but you can highlight the link so user can take first eye on it. i also have some information on a http://yahootips.com/Yahoo-mail-tips/Email-Attachments.aspx email attachments If this can helpful to users it is good.

george- Jul 14, 2010 01:00PM
i'm also encountering opening up the yahoo mail web page, opening and sending emails, and attaching regular-size attachments. take note that i'm encountering these problems only with the yahoo mail. i have no problem whatsoever with other websites like cnn and all the rest. that simply indicates that this technical problem is solely and limited to yahoo mail only. i've already at least 3 email complaints to yahoo mail and i got an initial response. they told me to take prntscrn the problems and send to them. i exactly did it but got no more communication. it's disgusting and perhaps they dont bother to address the issues due to their incompetence. it's disappointing. the problem with yahoo mail only began the 3 weeks and never had it before.
Answer
+1
moins plus
use google chrome browser.....much faster....and doesnt give half the stupid problems that internet explorer causes

Answer
+0
moins plus
but im still having problems

1 2 Next
This document entitled « Can't download attachments on my yahoo Email. » from Kioskea (en.kioskea.net) is made available under the Creative Commons license. You can copy, modify copies of this page, under the conditions stipulated by the license, as this note appears clearly.

Not a member yet?

sign-up, it takes less than a minute and it's free!

Members get more answers than anonymous users.

Being a member gives you detailed monitoring of your requests.

Being a member gives you additional options.