HD error or Windows

Closed
shazz - Mar 31, 2010 at 01:15 AM
closeup22 Posts 8923 Registration date Friday May 15, 2009 Status Member Last seen October 7, 2010 - Mar 31, 2010 at 07:10 AM
i just had a prob. in my dell 600 series prob. i have windows XP and i thought may be the windows get corrupted. but my IT person, while trying to install the windows again, said that there is a hard drive problem cuz the HD was not detecting any disk space on C and D both.
I took my laptop to the dealer. he said its just windows problem and he fixed it but he said that it was a very bad virus which effected both C and D drives, so he deleted both and re install the windows. My IT person is saying that he either have changed the HD or did some thing in it.
I just want to find out who is right??
can anyone help me?
Related:

1 response

closeup22 Posts 8923 Registration date Friday May 15, 2009 Status Member Last seen October 7, 2010 2,099
Mar 31, 2010 at 07:10 AM
Hi there,

If you have a sata hard drive and installing xp then mate you need to disable sat/native mode in bios settings,errors like hard disk will be displayed if not disabled that in bios,also it may be true that the hard disk was not to be seen which was damaged,but rest assured that a virus can corrupt your windows but not damage hard disk as after a format all returns to normal.

Thanks