Kioskea
Recherche
Ask a question Report

WiFi to livebox problem [Solved]

k9dribble - Latest answer on Sep 2, 2010 03:34PM
Hello, can someone please help me.My friend is livebox connected and I want to link up using WiFi but my PC see's the livebox but is unable to connect. There seems to be a padlock symbol showing that needs to be unlocked. I have asked my friend who cannot get into the livebox software as he has forgotten his username and password. I have tried ringing Orange to no avail. What can I do?
Read more 
Answer
+26
moins plus
the padlock it the wep key which is written on the bottom of the livebox, also make sure you press the number 1 button on the livebox to sync it wiv pc otherwise it will just be a pending connection :O)
helpppp :)- Jul 23, 2010 06:34AM
but how do you do it on a wii, is the password 26 digits ?
jade-jkc- Jul 23, 2010 07:43AM
yes the password is the digits on the bottom of the box, i think it says WEP key next to it, when connectin wii press the number 1 button on the livebox to start syncing it put in the password (WEP key-digits) on the wii. The password is case sensistive so make sure you have the capitals on and dont worry about typing in the - between, only the numbers/letters. :O)
jkc- Jul 23, 2010 07:58AM
and let me know if this works :O)
jurry- Aug 13, 2010 02:11AM
it is not gonna be solved guys without the help of me
jkc- Aug 14, 2010 12:30PM
HMM, most of it has been resolved lol
Add comment
Answer
+6
moins plus
Hi,
You have to put the livebox in "association" mode : http://translate.google.com/...
And after, you have to configure your wireless connection on Vista : http://translate.google.com/...
The Wep key is on the livebox label : http://translate.google.com/...
Best regards
k9dribble- Oct 7, 2008 04:18PM
Thanks for the heads up, but even tweeking the items you suggested I still have no connection. In fact the error messages state:

1) Limited or No Connectivity (I have tried to repair this and I got the following error message :- Invalid IP address)

2) I have tried to set up the network but it doesn't register the WIFI product being disconnected and reconnected and throws up a microsoft error message 871122

The padlock symbol has still not been released from my network connections diagram, so I can see info is being passed from my PC to the livebox but it is not communicating with me.

What else can I do?
Add comment
Answer
+5
moins plus
forgot my pastword can i change it
jkc- Mar 23, 2010 08:48AM
hi yes you can, you have to reset the router, its a tiny button somewhere on the router usually use a paperclip ect to push it, usuall found by other buttons
Add comment
Answer
+4
moins plus
Hi,"
Go to to" Internet Options"--->Then click on the "Connections" tab and click on "LAN Settings..." button and verify if the case "Use a proxy server for your LAN " is always unchecked.
k9dribble- Oct 8, 2008 07:46AM
Hi,

Just a quick message of thanks, as I am now up and working.
aquarelle 7078Posts dimanche 8 avril 2007Registration date ModeratorStatus October 20, 2014Last seen - Oct 8, 2008 03:36PM
Happy to have been able to help you. Good continuation.
Best regards
Add comment
Answer
+4
moins plus
i have a problem, i am trying to connect to livebox on my laptop, i am putting in the 26 letter key but stil wont let me connect to it, how do i change the key so it wil connect to my laptop under wpa or something with a shorter key??
could sum1 help me...
Thanks
madsmum- Feb 27, 2009 03:14PM
where you type in the 26 digit key make sure you change WPA to WEP, hope it helps :)
Add comment
Answer
+3
moins plus
Read this concerning the microsoft error message 871122 : http://support.microsoft.com/kb/871122/en
See you
k9dribble- Oct 8, 2008 03:44AM
Thanks again for the heads up, but now I have another problem that goes onwards from clearing the last.

According to my computer I can now be connected to the livebox, but when I try to connect to the internet I get the following message come up

403 Forbidden

and the words underneath that read: Access Denied and something about Access Control List?

Can you help?
jade-jkc- Jul 23, 2010 07:50AM
hi just reading ur post, re error 403 usually means webpage doesnt exist or is a 'bad' page, if you know the webpage your visiting is legit then it can mean you have a virus of sorts...
Add comment
Answer
+3
moins plus
hi how do i get live box wpa key so i can use it on my pHone
Add comment
Answer
+3
moins plus
look under your live box its printed on the bottom.
Add comment
Answer
+1
moins plus
<hi;
I have a i pod touch. How can i get internet.I mean i wish i was abel to get it any were.
Is there any way i could buy a wifi to put into my i pod touch so i am able to get it any were.
What is the point of having internet so you can ONLY use it at home i dont get that at all.
Thank you please email back.
Paul- Jul 17, 2009 04:31PM
buy an iphone
DECLAN- Apr 22, 2010 01:58PM
you should get mifi its like router but its got no wires
Add comment
Answer
+1
moins plus
I'm having similar problems...exchanged my old livebox for the new mini 2 now i can't connect my lappy either with WIFI or ethernet...

At first i was having IP problems which is now resolved...

Now when trying to connect on the lappy ..browser advises the connection has timed out...

I have sorted the "LAN Settings..." and verified that "Use a proxy server for your LAN " is unchecked. ... (it wasnt previously but is now) but I still cannot connect...

Any ideas???
themasta- Aug 26, 2010 01:29PM
Sorry,but i not use LIVEBOX now but my wii cant get internet
and i dont understand the PROXY SERVER and that whas bored :(
Add comment
Answer
+1
moins plus
:( It's a wii pwn but i cant get intaanet in my wii...
And that whas bored,wifi no connected wifi no connected):
themasta- Aug 26, 2010 01:30PM
yes...
jkc- Aug 30, 2010 12:39PM
on wii go to internet connections, make sure ur router is in pairing mode on livebox it is button 1, belkin does it automatically, type in your routers password (wep/wpa key) should then connect
Add comment
Answer
+1
moins plus
Add comment
Answer
+1
moins plus
hi there u have to press button number 2 on the side of the orange live box.. to allow the livebox to give a gateway for a new computer to connect to the wifi hope this helps
Add comment
Answer
+0
moins plus
... It's my Wii Wifi connection problem...
And i want to get internet in my Wii :(
Add comment
This document entitled « WiFi to livebox problem » from Kioskea (en.kioskea.net) is made available under the Creative Commons license. You can copy, modify copies of this page, under the conditions stipulated by the license, as this note appears clearly.

Not a member yet?

sign-up, it takes less than a minute and it's free!

Members get more answers than anonymous users.

Being a member gives you detailed monitoring of your requests.

Being a member gives you additional options.