Ipod 80GB classic restart after connect

Solved/Closed
pent - Jan 4, 2010 at 06:24 PM
 SIDisTHE - Sep 14, 2011 at 01:15 AM
Hello,
My iPod 80GB classic restart itself all time, after I connect to my computer. iTunes does not recognize my iPod.
In Disk Mode is ok (no restart) but in normal mode still have a problem.

Plisss help.
Related:

1 response

Ok, I found solution

https://ccm.net/forum/affich-90424-ipod-not-recognized-by-itunes-on-windows

You are trying to connect your iPod on your Windows computer and iTunes can't recognize the iPod. Sometimes you can get a pop up message alerting you "USB Device cannot de recognized", which means that there's no driver installed and the iPod will also not charge! 

To solve this problem you will have to:

* Open iTunes
    * shut it down but keep it plugged in.
    * After it shuts down, hold the power button until you see the apple logo
    * Without releasing the power button hold down the home button until screen goes black
    * Then without releasing the home button let go of sleep button and wait until you see your ipod in iTunes
    * Release home button
    * Now click restore in iTunes
do you have the new 80gb ipod classic, if so, you should take it back to apple, it sounds like your firmware got corrupted, but not hope is not always lost, you did mention you try the meny and select trick, did you see the check mark on your screen? To set the ipod for disk mode, hold menu and select, and the same time, once it powers off imendiately release menu and hold down the play and select center botton until you see the check mark on your screen, this works for my 5 gen 30gb ipod video,Like I mention if you have the newest 6 gen ipod classic, and you still cant get it, bring it to apple. Good Luck.
thank you soooooooooooooooooooo much that finally worked