Windows 7 Install - Cannot Find DVD Driver

Solved/Closed
DaParson - Oct 22, 2009 at 11:16 PM
 b3wii - Jun 29, 2013 at 08:29 AM
Hello,

Started a Windows 7 - fresh install - on a Gateway Quad Core Intel Computer - Presently Running Vista 32. All goes well - but then message comes up, "Cannot find DVD Driver" - with a Browse and Rescan Option. I exhausted all searches Harddrive - do not have a DVD Driver Disc - what are my options? Other than to buy a new DVD/CD Drive that is Windows 7 Compatible. DVD Drive was fine in Vista 32. Help?
Related:

17 responses

After reading many threads in many places and trying just about everything I saw (removed HW until almost nothing left, reduced BIOS settings to minimal items, good quality ISO burn, booth from USB, etc.), I was finally able to resolve the problem on my system and it had nothing to do with the DVD drive/drivers at all (I had even removed all IDE components), it was the SATA drivers for the MoBo.

On another PC (obviously), I downloaded the latest Win7 drivers for my motherboard and put them on the USB stick that I was installing Win7 from (although this should probably work even if you install from DVD, just as long as you can get to them when you Browse from the error dialog). Once I got the error, I browsed to the files to install, but they still didn't show up. I unchecked the box for not displaying incompatible drivers and then they showed up. I selected the driver and hit Next and everything went smoothly after that.

What drives me crazy is that the error message gets you looking for DVD drivers when it has nothing to do with that, plus Win7 doesn't even recognize the correct drivers as being compatible with the hardware!

Anyway, after several days wasted at least my system is up and running finally. Hopefully this will help resolve the problem for others as well and save them from wasting as much time. Good luck!
just replace your dvd rom and it will be fix
It may be your embedded raid controller. Delete your logical drives in the setting option 2. This takes away the raid controller driver and uses JBOD that window will definatly recognize