Battery light wont go off when charge is done

Closed
Zach - Oct 3, 2009 at 01:31 PM
 Rich - Mar 15, 2010 at 10:38 PM
I just bought a new battery for my delll inspiron b130 off of ebay. They battey holds a charge and last around 3 hours, the problem is when the computer says the battery is full, the light on the computer still flashes indicating it is still charging. I know this is normal for a short period of time, but it has done this for several hours after the charge was complete. I have the Battery Care software installed and it says the the battery isn't being drained or charged. The battery holds 53wh, and Battery Care shows it as having 47844mwh of power when charged. What is going and and is it ok the leave the battery in with the light flashign?
Related:

2 responses

dancedhall Posts 3056 Registration date Wednesday May 13, 2009 Status Member Last seen March 12, 2010 655
Oct 4, 2009 at 05:05 AM
hi there,

yes you can leave the battery on charge

that's not a problem

Thanks
just wondering what makes you sure that I can leave it on, other people on different forums have recomended not to, but they didnt give a reason.
a lot of after market batteries (3rd party) have a problem with this..you are better off buying a battery from Dell and stop trying to save money and just buy quality with a warranty