Wireless Connection Problems

Closed
Cson - Sep 29, 2009 at 02:06 PM
closeup22 Posts 8923 Registration date Friday May 15, 2009 Status Member Last seen October 7, 2010 - Oct 1, 2009 at 11:13 AM
Hello,
I am aloud to and have been able to in the past connect to my works wireless internet. Each day I have to change the IP address to the one that they provided me. I also have a network key that they provided me and it has always worked in the past until today. The IT guy had to change something on my setting to get the network key to work properly the first time I got on but he never told me what it was and now I am unable to reach him to correct the problem. Something about he had to change the type of character or length of the space that I was typing the network into. Does that sound familar to anyone? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. The connection says I have full strength and that I am connected but when I try to go to the interent I get the error page you get when you arent connected to the internet. HELP!!

1 response

closeup22 Posts 8923 Registration date Friday May 15, 2009 Status Member Last seen October 7, 2010 2,099
Oct 1, 2009 at 11:13 AM
hi there,

go to command mode

and renewt the ip

type ipconfig/release,....flushdns.... then renew

Thanks