Acer mini, screen changes sizes, randomly

Solved/Closed
Gailto - Sep 5, 2009 at 11:32 AM
 barney - Oct 7, 2017 at 08:23 PM
Hello, I have an Acer mini. The screen randomly changes sizes while in use. All of a sudden the font becomes huge, or very small.
I don't know if I am doing this or not.
Gailto
Related:

7 responses

Hi, there,
I recently bought an Acer Aspire One and seem to have exactly the same problem. I have worked out that by pressing CTRL+ or CTRL- I can increase or decrease the size of the font manually but I still have no idea how the changes originally occur.
Thanks for figureing out how to fix this major annoyance!
Thank you soooo much for helping me fix this problem! its been so annoying!:3
Me too I had this problem and couldnt work out how to have normal sized font, it was driving me potty thank goodness for this post
thax
Thanks! My old Acer was almost identical except this problem and no 1/2 GSS-D. Now it's perfect!
On many modern laptops the mouse touchpad is capable of zooming in and out by using two fingers on the pad at once. pulling two points away from each other makes it larger and "pinching" it reduces the size. It's similar to an itouch or iphone's ability to enlarge the screen for easier readability. Sometimes on my Dell XPS my arms my rub against the touch pad and change the font of the screen. try putting two fingers on the mouse. keep one still and drag the other away from and closer to the still finger to see the results. good luck.
TonyG, thank you that was very helpful. Since you seem to know so much: I had the screen I am working on completely disappear for no apparent reason. Tracing the edges of the desktop did not make it reappear. Do you know what happened? and where do I get info on the the operation of the touch pad for example, manual did not come with purchase.
Thanks this advice worked perfectly!!!
I have a Acer 751 netbook and kept getting the same problem of big font small font and have just sort out how it is happening actually looking on the net to find a reason whand y it was happening and it seems that if you hold the touch pad to long with one finger and try to move the curser at the same time it rolls the screen size just like what was mentioned above by CTRL+ or CTRL- I if you see a little cross instead of the arrow the and touch the touchpad screen size changes
Thank you! Couldn't figure out why that was happening....
when you use the touch mouse, make sure you dont use 2 fingers because when you put 2 fingers on the touch mouse you change the size of the screen and font. so use 1 finger at a time... unless you want to change the size.

Didn't find the answer you are looking for?

Ask a question
Hi,
Thank you. I don't play any games. I think it is somewhere that the curser randomly lands and I don't know what it is I'm doing. Maybe there is a place I zoom in and out or something.
Gailto
thank you!!! I have an acer also andthis is perfect.
Blocked Profile
Sep 5, 2009 at 01:38 PM
Hye, did you try to check for a virus? sometimes there are games that changes your screen resolution in order to run the game but they bug and fail to return the resolution to the previous state. under what occasion does these changes occur?