Wireless help for interent

Closed
pegme - Sep 3, 2009 at 01:06 PM
sadgurl Posts 697 Registration date Thursday May 14, 2009 Status Member Last seen November 24, 2010 - Sep 3, 2009 at 01:20 PM
Hello,
My daughter recently got her a phone line put in and wireless internet through At&T for her lap top. SHe told me she is allowed to have up to 5 computers connected to her wireless internet. I have a desk top computer downstairs and she gave me this wire plug in that goes to the wall jack that I plugged into the wall jack attached a telephone cord from that to run into my linksys router and then into my computer. I cannot seemed to get the wireless connection to the internet. Do I need a wireless modem to be attached and what one would be recommended to solve this problem as I need internet ASAP. Thank you

1 response

sadgurl Posts 697 Registration date Thursday May 14, 2009 Status Member Last seen November 24, 2010 219
Sep 3, 2009 at 01:20 PM
hye pegme,

Do your desktop have a wifi receiver? this is needed to recieved the wireless signal:) these receivers are generally like usb keys and doesn't cost much, they are sometimes included with the modem. ( i dont know for At&t)

also you should normally connect your router on an output of the modem, normally there is a specific line for the modem on the router. please check whether or no your router can broadcast wifi, otherwise you have to connect on the modem signal, but you need to check if you have enough signal strength ;)

hope it will help