No wireless, only stupid orange light!

Solved/Closed
KK - Updated on Jan 31, 2019 at 03:24 PM
 Karabulut - Oct 28, 2019 at 07:27 PM
Hello,

I have a Compaq Presario F500 running on Windows Vista. I could able to connect it with the wireless internet until this morning! Now, no bones. I have no wireless network available according to my computer. Even though, I am in the same room as earlier. I am using the same router and my family is able to connect the same wireless internet.

I have already tried troubleshooting which suggested me to update my system. I did that, but still facing the same problem. I thought the wireless switch is turned off! But, no. I have flipped that puppy at least 10 time and the light stays orange. It doesn't tell me WLAN on or off.

I tried calling HP but they want to charge me for this issue! I was about to go for a System Restore, but I don't have any restore points.

What can I do?

Please help!
System Configuration: Windows Vista Firefox 3.0.13
Related:

6 responses

Hey,

I had the same problem. The wireless switch previously worked just fine. When Windows is booting up, press the wireless switch (orange light).

You will see it turn blue and then the wireless will act normally.

Note: You must press the orange button right when Window is booting. Otherwise, when Windows is fully up and running, the orange button will not turn blue no matter how often you press it.

Hope this works for you!
THATS IT!!!!!!! THANKS A LOT CATROLINE. I OWE YOU A BEER :-)
I have done what you said,the light is now white,still my wireless wont work,i have t use an earth lead