Sound won;t work

Closed
crankie - Jul 27, 2009 at 12:05 AM
epsiman Posts 306 Registration date Tuesday November 18, 2008 Status Member Last seen February 2, 2010 - Jul 27, 2009 at 12:54 AM
ohkay hello everyone ...acTUAlly i am here asking a question whose answer i have been finding. I have a laptop and got xp installed in it... MY sound in my lappy used to work untill i reboot my whole system and installed windows again.. NOw even after installing sound driver from its cd. the sound thing doesnt come in the task tray pane and hence the sound wont work even i install the driver 100 times. and my sound device wont show in the control panel sound hardware........ i really need some help!...so is my sound card messed up ??? or something wrong with the window coz i have installed the window like 3 times after tht and it still wont work!
Related:

2 responses

What model laptop is it? are they c-media drivers?

i had a similar issue with my sound on a c-media soundcard and NOTHING worked.. someone recommended www.fixedlikemagic.com though and they fixed it within 45 minutes.. much cheaper than getting someone to come out or taking it to a computer shop
epsiman Posts 306 Registration date Tuesday November 18, 2008 Status Member Last seen February 2, 2010 162
Jul 27, 2009 at 12:54 AM
You can fix it yourself, use the utility cd of your motherboard got to have propers drivers in there.