Connected But FF or IE won't display pages!!!

Closed
d3eathly Posts 10 Registration date Friday July 24, 2009 Status Member Last seen July 25, 2009 - Jul 25, 2009 at 04:18 AM
 bwalker66208 - May 18, 2011 at 08:31 AM
Hello,
d3eathly here, seems as though whenever I log into my desktop computer on the bottom traybar it says that I'm connected (displayed with the two screens and a globe) well whenever I try to go on ANY browser it never loads my homepage or any page in that matter. For HOURS i've been trying to look for a solution and many have popped up (delete norton, command /ipconfig, etc) and none have worked.

This happened right after I installed hotspot shield. Realising that this may have been the cause I un-installed hotspot shield and now it still does not work. If anyone can help me at all please I beg of you supply an answer.

Thanks,

8 responses

dancedhall Posts 3056 Registration date Wednesday May 13, 2009 Status Member Last seen March 12, 2010 655
Jul 25, 2009 at 06:58 AM
hi there,

follow the steps ahead:

Exit Internet Explorer 7, and then exit any instances of Windows Explorer.
Do one of the following:
In Windows Vista, click Start , type cmd in the Start Search box, and then press ENTER.
In Windows XP, click Start, click Run, type inetcpl.cpl in the Open box, and then press ENTER.
On the General tab, click Delete under Browsing History in the Internet Properties dialog box.
In the Delete Browsing History dialog box, click Delete Cookies.
In the Delete Cookies dialog box, click Yes.
To verify that the cookie files are deleted in Internet Explorer 7
Exit Internet Explorer 7, and then exit any instances of Windows Explorer.
Do one of the following:
In Windows Vista, click Start , type cmd in the Start Search box, and then press ENTER.
In Windows XP, click Start, click Run, type inetcpl.cpl in the Open box, and then press ENTER.
In the Internet Properties dialog box, on the General tab, click Settings under Browsing History.
In the Temporary Internet Files and History Settings dialog box, click View Files. This opens the folder where your cookie files are stored.
In the folder that you opened in step 4, verify that there are no .txt files.

or use the link and follow instructions:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/278835/how-to-delete-cookie-files-in-internet-explorer

Thanks
Hi, I had the same problem with Firefox, and solved it by going to Tools>Options>Advanced>Network>Settings and selecting "Auto-detect proxy settings for this network". I hope that works for you too!
To resolve in IE, I had to go to tools>internet options>connections>LAN settings. Next, check "automatically detect settings" and uncheck "use a proxy server for your LAN" then click OK. However, if I have to use a proxy server for my connection, then I have to go into the advanced screen for proxy server settings and delete the IP and port for HTTP (http: 127.0.0.1 for the proxy address and then port 9666), uncheck the "use the same proxy server for all protocols" and remove the exceptions related to IP 127.0.0.1. and click OK.
d3eathly Posts 10 Registration date Friday July 24, 2009 Status Member Last seen July 25, 2009
Jul 25, 2009 at 02:14 PM
I did everything you said and it's still not working, I seriously think that hotspot shield had something to do with this (since its a vpn thing and all) PLEASE SOMEONE HELP ME.
d3eathly Posts 10 Registration date Friday July 24, 2009 Status Member Last seen July 25, 2009
Jul 25, 2009 at 02:26 PM
i've used system restore 3 times and even went to a day before I even knew about hotspot shield. still now working :((

Didn't find the answer you are looking for?

Ask a question
OK, thr opening your browser and check Tools>Internet Options>Connections>Lan Settings> and either uncheck everything or pick "Automatically detect settings"

This is assuming you use a router for internet access. If these settings are customised per an ISP's instructions then please disregard and don't change 'em! Other than that I am out of ideas :(
Jul 25, 2009 at 02:47 PM
its already been done, I can get on google but on other sites it wont load.
hi, I'm haveing the exact same problem with my toshiba laptop, did you ever find a solution to the problem
Jul 25, 2009 at 02:04 PM
would this also help firefox?
I would try using System Restore back to a point before the hotspot shield install. In fact, if that's the only recent installation, I would go back to the earliest Restore Point I could find.

Using System Restore is not the normal procedure for diagnosing possible in/unstall problems but at this point it certainly ain't gonna hurt!