Itunes Coverflow is showing up black!

Solved/Closed
windycity3 - Jul 20, 2009 at 08:25 PM
 Malu - Aug 1, 2010 at 05:47 AM
Hello,

My Itunes Coverflow is showing up Black where my album art should be. In any other view is fine (grid view) but when I select Coverflow it is completly black. I've checked my hardware acceleration - which is to the max, my directx, I've also uninstalled it and reinstalled Itunes and nothing. Here is a link so you can see what it looks like. The whole reason I liked Itunes is because of this feature, which I can't see now .... If someone can give me a clue as to what's going on or can tell me what to do that would be great!!

p.s. I've also tried to download the Safari 4 (apple program) to see if I could see the coverflow for this, and nothing either.
Related:

9 responses

Have you made any changes to your properties?

Using a PC right click on your desktop and select properties

Find the Tab that says Settings.

In the lower right hand corner you will see a button that says (Advanced) - Click it. This will then take you to another pop up menu.

Find the Tab that says Troubleshooting.

You'll see a sliding carrot that is associated with your 'Hardware acceleration' If this carrot is not on 'Full' (all the way to the right) slide it there.

Click OK, then OK again to exit properties.

Close iTunes, Then Reopen iTunes.

The album covers should be back. If not do as suggested before and reinstall your iTunes software.

I hope this helps.
great solution...worked for me. Thank you!!
thank s a lot it worked for me :)
Sup, had this problem. Fixed it, by reinstalling itunes, I didn't delete itunes, or anything like that. Just went to itunes and downloaded Itunes again, and clicked on the option to fix, and whatever reason it worked. I also read on some other post you have install something called something 9, and that same program had something else to download. I down loaded these both, before reinstalling Itunes. But I don't know if you need to. Just simply redownload it and hopefully it works
I had the same problem. Turns out my Direct X acceleration was turned off. Turn it back on by running DXdiag and make sure your direct x is working properly.
i'm having excatly the same problem help would be great

Didn't find the answer you are looking for?

Ask a question
mine is dong this aswell, butive tried updating the software (re downloading) itunes 3 times... and its STILL black......help?
My problem is identical. I reloaded Itunes, No positive result. I've seen a normal screen since I classified my sytme (via Configration screen). However this doesnt work anymore. Still a black cover flow window. I use Windows 7
escarolamen > Joop
Mar 4, 2010 at 04:09 PM
I'm in the same... I use windows 7 Home Premium.
Don't you know how to repair that?? It's the most beautiful thing of the Itunes...
My graphic target is old, but one week ago I used windows xp on the same computer and it was working.

Please help.

(Sorry for my english, I'm catalan)
It might be a windows 7 thing because i'm having the same problem. Did you guys ever figure it out?
no suprise, same problem here. The funky thing is though that my desktop background displays through Itunes. It is as if the coverflow won't even load. Also, I can't change from the "My Top Rated" folder without Itunes crashing.
I got win 7...
Thank for replying and I tried it just in case that would do it but no luck....thanks for trying either way!!

Anyone else want to give it a shot???? Please.
noisyneighbor
Dec 17, 2009 at 12:45 PM
Hi, I'm having the same issue.

I tried reinstalling itunes (repair option) and the newest version of DirectX. I ran DXDialog and saw no problem. Yet, the coverflow still does not appear.

Has anyone had better luck?
Please see my comments below.

My comments are only valid for PC users. Sorry Mac, I do not have a solution for you at this time.
I had exactly the same problem. I went to https://www.apple.com/itunes/ and downloaded iTunes software and installed it again. That`s all I did and it worked.

My system is a MacBook5,1 and the version of iTunes I tried is iTunes 9.0.2 for Mac OS X.

By the way, you do not need to uninstall your previous iTunes version.

Good luck.
this worked! thanks for the info and advice. One thing to remember - you have to reboot your computer for the Itunes repair to take effect!
thanks again!!
I am also running Windows and tried every suggestion above. I had recently formatted my hard disk and reinstalled everything & the coverflow just wouldn't work. After trying all the above I finally decided to reinstall my graphics drivers and after restarting my PC, my coverflow returned - Hooray!
Blocked Profile
Jul 21, 2009 at 06:46 AM
hi,

try to update the iTunes or make sure that you have adobe flash player.

if you don't have it, try this link to get it:

http://ccm.net/telecharger/telecharger 91 adobe player

hope this helps.