Kioskea
Recherche
Ask a question Report

My iTunes Store Won't Work. [Closed]

ash - Latest answer on Dec 9, 2012 06:53AM
Hhhh... So I was going to connect to the iTunes store to get some music and every single time I click on anything of that sort it says " iTunes could not connect to iTunes store. make sure your network connection is active and try again." How do I do that? ... My interent works if thats what it means. Help me please.
Read more 
Answer
+4
moins plus
hi,

check if firewall is blocking iTunes to connect to internet.

>start

>control panel

>windows firewall

go to exceptions and allow iTunes.

hope this helps.

rogerthat31- Dec 12, 2009 08:17PM
same problem here.
i checked the exceptions and itunes is already allowed.
i just uninstalled and reinstalled both iTunes and Quicktime.
no luck - same prob persists.
thx,
r
Alexis- Apr 9, 2010 09:21PM
Same thing happening to me and its never done this before. Whenever i try to reach the itunes store or try to use Genius it says cannot connect to itunes check internet connection. But my internet is obviously working fine.
CAN SOMEONE HELP ME? D:
i really need to restore my ipod.
kk thnxx
twoyrsoffrustration- Apr 26, 2010 07:26AM
This also does not work. I checked the exceptions to my firewall. iTunes is already allowed. The firewall itself has been disabled.
Any other suggestions?
Megaman- May 6, 2010 10:28PM
@Alexis, to restore your ipod manually, you can always dl the firmware from the internet instead of using itunes. Then just save the file, and in itunes, shift click restore and find the file you saved and use that.
Keenj- Oct 31, 2012 06:01PM
It's apple. They're doing some sort of repair work on iTunes
Answer
moins plus
exact same problem...

jceb1013- Dec 14, 2009 10:17AM
I just downloaded iTunes a few days ago, and the store works fine except for one thing....it doesn't give me the option for music! (or movies or tv shows for that matter) The only two options that are on the top bar are App Store and iTunes U. On all the tutorials I saw that on that top bar there SHOULD also be options for music, movies, etc.....HELP! anyone have any idea?? thanks!
naima- May 17, 2010 02:58PM
try searching music on the search bar, I can bet your propbably just on the apps page
Answer
+6
moins plus
same here tried all tyhings reloaded itunes evrything tonight reset internet explorer to default settings itunes store good to go even bought a song yay. hope this solves your problem too. btw happy new year

ljhvjhf- Apr 19, 2010 06:27PM
how did you do all that??
Answer
+1
moins plus
I've tried everything everyone's suggested and it still won't work. I've literally tried everything. Any other ideas?

Crazy_Girl33- Jan 4, 2010 11:53PM
u need to download the new safari 4.0.3 ... or something lol, for some reason the itunes store only works with it... thos b*stards.. making us download their programs... its all a marketing scheme! ....ahem.. :) good luck!
Gabby- Mar 22, 2010 05:56PM
I would download safari 4.0.3 but dont have that option on my computer
I have a Mac
Answer
+18
moins plus
this is what u do
control panel
internet options
Connections tab
Click LAN Settings
uncheck "use a proxy server"

tina- Jun 18, 2010 06:13PM
it worked!!!
tee- Jun 18, 2010 08:20PM
Hi Ni,
What do you do if the" Use proxy server" box is already unchecked and you still get the dreaded message. Please don't tell me, "just cry." Cause I will :)
D- Jun 19, 2010 04:35PM
FINALLY!!!!! Thanks for the help.
vEGAS sINGER- Nov 14, 2012 02:18PM
You are the best ni. I am indebted to you! From a Vegas native to you....THANK YOU!
Walker- Dec 9, 2012 06:53AM
man u r gud.....thanks
Answer
+0
moins plus
I tried all of the above then just reset all Internet Explorer settings to the default and thought I use firefox this worked straight away

Answer
+20
moins plus
Finally got it working. Some of the directions on what to do here aren't very good but the answer is right!
Open internet explorer. Must be internet explorer not firefox not mozilla not what ever else you use!
Click Tools
Internet options
then click on the connections tab
then at the bottom of that window click LAN SETTINGS
Make sure proxy setting is unchecked on this screen.

It is true many Anti Virus software can interfere. Make sure it is all off. I also made sure I had all my port forwarding set up for itunes.

bowjama- May 1, 2010 05:06PM
Thanks a lot been trying to figure this out for weeks and it finally worked!!!!
Nikkiiiiii :p- May 3, 2010 03:04PM
Oh My goodness Thank Youu. You Saved Me.!!! :D
Grateful- Jun 6, 2010 07:09PM
WORKED !!!! I NEVER use IE.....always firefox, but sure enough....opened up IE and took out the check marks and voila!!!! Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Emma- Jun 8, 2010 10:47PM
Thank you, I've been going crazy trying to figure out why it wouldn't work.
stelar- Apr 25, 2011 09:07PM
Thanks men! finally all my research got true!! I've been searching this kind of instruction and that's it!! very helpful
Answer
+6
moins plus
Hi, Im in the same situation. Tried everything.
I had itunes version 8 working with no issues...could connect to the iTunes store.actually never had issues with connecting to istore until I downloaded itunes 9....can't connect to istore at all now even though the net is working.
Have tried everything and nothing yet! :< Checked proxy setting is unticked, uninstalled itunes, reinstalled itunes..made sure itunes is included in exceptions in windows firewall.
To make matters worse I am dying to get my new iphone set up
any help appreciated!

guardgirl2011- Mar 30, 2010 03:32PM
omg, I LOVE YOU!! i haven't been able to connect to the itunes store for months. i had tried just about everything, and nothing worked. i tried this, and it's working! the worst part of it was that my iphone wouldn't work, so i had to restore it, but i couldn't becuase i wasn't able to connect. now my iphone is in restore mode, and i'm literally jumping up and down. THANK YOU SO MUCH! once again, I LOVE YOU!
SWEETIEPIE- Mar 30, 2010 08:01PM
azgirlie47---UR THE BESSSSSSSSSSTTTTTTTT.....I WAS GOING CRAZY OVER HERE.....HAVENT BEEN ABLE TO ACCESS THE STORE SINCE I UPDATED ITUNES....THANXXX...IT WORKED IMMEDIATELY....FUNNY THING IS THAT I DONT USE NORTON EITHER.. ;>
Lucky- Apr 7, 2010 06:14PM
i have norton 360 premier so it was kind of different but your instructions got me there. Thanks, i spent so many hours on this!
Alexis- Apr 9, 2010 09:41PM
OMG turning off firewall actually worked thanks so much! :)
skyliner- Apr 17, 2010 01:32AM
wooow this helped thanks SO much now i can transfer all my music :)
Answer
+2
moins plus
THANKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! iT WORKED!

Answer
+1
moins plus
So, I have McAffee and I disabled the blocking of sites and added itunes as an exception through McAffee scanner. Itunes store is now functioning!!!

ronman- Apr 19, 2010 10:02PM
how did you do that
Answer
+25
moins plus
This is what u do
control panel
internet options
Connections tab
Click LAN Settings

cory- May 8, 2010 10:42PM
THANK YOU!!!!!
Answer
+10
moins plus
I couldn't access my iTunes store after i upgraded. my Lan was unchecked in options. Just for kicks i checked and then unchecked it. I was then able to access my iTunes.

Answer
+242
moins plus
wow this worked like a charm thanks

This is what u do
control panel
internet options
Connections tab
Click LAN Settings

adammm- May 19, 2010 04:36PM
Thanks so much, worked for me!!! x
logan- Apr 27, 2011 05:01PM
i thought nothing would work and i tried everything but thatnks to you it works now
ishaan- Apr 28, 2011 02:09PM
thanks alot paal...it worked for me
Unknown- Oct 30, 2012 06:16PM
Are you all morons ?!? Of course it didn't work , stupid stupid stupid :/
Unknown- Oct 30, 2012 06:17PM
Sorry I wasn't in the mood it didn't work so I took it out on you guys I'm so sorry
Answer
+0
moins plus
I can't get the whole itunes page in. the slide bar at bottom is not there, I cannot buy any songs.

Answer
+0
moins plus
Someone help me please. My itunes wont work since i upgraded it. I tried everything. My proxy server was already unchecked. I tried uninstalling it, i tried installing the older version of it and it wouldnt let me. ugh.

Answer
+0
moins plus
same thing for me

Answer
+0
moins plus
I would try a new router for a better connection unless your hardlined than its probably just your computer not loading it

Answer
+0
moins plus
thank you!!!

Answer
moins plus
Go to settings then click store then sign in. That should work

you dont need to know my name- Apr 17, 2010 07:35AM
OMG TY! THIS WORKED! OMG OMG OMG I CAN FINALLY TRANSFER MY MUSIC AND EVERYTHING ELSE! OMG!!!!!!!!
Answer
+0
moins plus
me 2!!!! Growl!

1 2 Next
This document entitled « My iTunes Store Won't Work. » from Kioskea (en.kioskea.net) is made available under the Creative Commons license. You can copy, modify copies of this page, under the conditions stipulated by the license, as this note appears clearly.

Not a member yet?

sign-up, it takes less than a minute and it's free!

Members get more answers than anonymous users.

Being a member gives you detailed monitoring of your requests.

Being a member gives you additional options.