My iTunes Store Won't Work.

Closed
ash - Jul 22, 2009 at 07:32 PM
 Walker - Dec 9, 2012 at 06:53 AM
Hhhh... So I was going to connect to the iTunes store to get some music and every single time I click on anything of that sort it says " iTunes could not connect to iTunes store. make sure your network connection is active and try again." How do I do that? ... My interent works if thats what it means. Help me please.
Related:

28 responses

wow this worked like a charm thanks

This is what u do
control panel
internet options
Connections tab
Click LAN Settings
uncheck "use a proxy server"
Omg thx
twoyrsoffrustration
Apr 26, 2010 at 07:29 AM
Doesn't work......
Back yo the futuer
May 1, 2010 at 10:00 AM
Are you using ZoneAlarm? Try disable it.
dancemusicscrap
May 3, 2010 at 04:24 AM
Genius! thanks!
Thanks so much, worked for me!!! x
This is what u do
control panel
internet options
Connections tab
Click LAN Settings
THANK YOU!!!!!
Finally got it working. Some of the directions on what to do here aren't very good but the answer is right!
Open internet explorer. Must be internet explorer not firefox not mozilla not what ever else you use!
Click Tools
Internet options
then click on the connections tab
then at the bottom of that window click LAN SETTINGS
Make sure proxy setting is unchecked on this screen.

It is true many Anti Virus software can interfere. Make sure it is all off. I also made sure I had all my port forwarding set up for itunes.
still dont work
thanks!! that worked for me :D
it worked, thanks :D
this worked!
itunes store needer
Apr 1, 2010 at 05:42 PM
didnt work
this is what u do
control panel
internet options
Connections tab
Click LAN Settings
Wow thanks it works now =)
The "use a proxy server" is already unchecked. Any other ideas on why it wouldn't work?! This is getting quite frustrating.
Crazmon > Crazmon
Jan 23, 2010 at 10:50 PM
After trying all the fixes, work arounds, etc. it came to be that an old installation of Norton Security was preventing iTunes from connecting to the store.

Funny thing was that Norton was not even 'active' on the computer so I didn't look twice to it for "blocking" iTunes' store. After reading everyone's messages about anti-virus software blocking iTunes, I began cleaning the hard drive and removed inactive Norton on a whim. It took forever...Norton even had issues and required a download of a special removal tool.

Needless to say, it worked. Removing Norton finally enabled us to access the iTunes store again. So for all those people who think their anti-virus isn't causing issues, you are wrong. Remove McAfee/Norton and stick with Avira.
After trying all the reloading, updating and various tweaks, this simple solution worked.

This is what u do
control panel
internet options
Connections tab
Click LAN Settings

My question is how this setting within the control panel would be automatically changed? I have been using iTunes for some time with absolutely no problem until just recently - maybe a week or two ago. Have started using Hotspot Shield, and use proxies for some things. Would Hotspot Shield or some other program automatically change that setting?, because I know I didn't change anything at the level.

Thanks
I LOVE YOU MAN! HOWD YOU KNOW HOW TO DO THhttp://ccm.net/forum/affich-246243-my-itunes-store-won-t-work?Acces=1#AT?

Didn't find the answer you are looking for?

Ask a question
I couldn't access my iTunes store after I upgraded. my Lan was unchecked in options. Just for kicks I checked and then unchecked it. I was then able to access my iTunes.
Here's what worked for me. I reset the default settings on my internet explorer by going to internet explorer, tools, internet options, advanced tab, reset. Then, I went to internet explorer, tools, internet options, connections tab, lan setting, and then unchecked proxy box. Good luck.
same here tried all tyhings reloaded itunes evrything tonight reset internet explorer to default settings itunes store good to go even bought a song yay. hope this solves your problem too. btw happy new year
how did you do all that??
Hi, Im in the same situation. Tried everything.
I had itunes version 8 working with no issues...could connect to the iTunes store.actually never had issues with connecting to istore until I downloaded itunes 9....can't connect to istore at all now even though the net is working.
Have tried everything and nothing yet! :< Checked proxy setting is unticked, uninstalled itunes, reinstalled itunes..made sure itunes is included in exceptions in windows firewall.
To make matters worse I am dying to get my new iphone set up
any help appreciated!
this happens to me every time I update itunes. this is what works for me:

·Start
·All programs
·Norton Internet Security > Norton Internet Security
·Personal Firewall > Configure Programs
·iTunes > Permit All

works every time for me, hope so for you too! ps: I have no idea why norton blocks it every time, I don't even use norton. but it still works, so give it a try!
stackattack540
Mar 24, 2010 at 01:45 AM
Works....im speechless, thank you so much!!
guardgirl2011
Mar 30, 2010 at 03:32 PM
omg, I LOVE YOU!! I haven't been able to connect to the itunes store for months. I had tried just about everything, and nothing worked. I tried this, and it's working! the worst part of it was that my iphone wouldn't work, so I had to restore it, but I couldn't becuase I wasn't able to connect. now my iphone is in restore mode, and i'm literally jumping up and down. THANK YOU SO MUCH! once again, I LOVE YOU!
azgirlie47---UR THE BESSSSSSSSSSTTTTTTTT.....I WAS GOING CRAZY OVER HERE.....HAVENT BEEN ABLE TO ACCESS THE STORE SINCE I UPDATED ITUNES....THANXXX...IT WORKED IMMEDIATELY....FUNNY THING IS THAT I DONT USE NORTON EITHER.. ;>
i have norton 360 premier so it was kind of different but your instructions got me there. Thanks, I spent so many hours on this!
Blocked Profile
Jul 23, 2009 at 02:56 AM
hi,

check if firewall is blocking iTunes to connect to internet.

>start

>control panel

>windows firewall

go to exceptions and allow iTunes.

hope this helps.
ya same here my internet works but evertime I try to connect to the itunes store it sias "iTunes could not connect to iTunes store. Make sure your network connection is active and try again." I tryed doing what you said but iTunes was already an exception so can you come up with any other suggestions?
me too > Alex Somers
Nov 30, 2009 at 07:51 PM
i got the same problem as Alex :(
same problem here.
i checked the exceptions and itunes is already allowed.
i just uninstalled and reinstalled both iTunes and Quicktime.
no luck - same prob persists.
thx,
r
butterfly1981 > Alex Somers
Dec 14, 2009 at 03:22 AM
Have you figured your problem out? I am having the same problem. My itunes store doesn't even show up under the Store.
weaselmoose > Alex Somers
Dec 26, 2009 at 05:45 PM
Yeah, I have the same problem, i've also tried re-installing itunes and quicktime but nothing works? Has anyone fixed this?
THANKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! iT WORKED!
I've tried everything everyone's suggested and it still won't work. I've literally tried everything. Any other ideas?
u need to download the new safari 4.0.3 ... or something lol, for some reason the itunes store only works with it... thos b*stards.. making us download their programs... its all a marketing scheme! ....ahem.. :) good luck!
I would download safari 4.0.3 but dont have that option on my computer
I have a Mac
So, I have McAffee and I disabled the blocking of sites and added itunes as an exception through McAffee scanner. Itunes store is now functioning!!!
how did you do that
I tried all of the above then just reset all Internet Explorer settings to the default and thought I use firefox this worked straight away
I can't get the whole itunes page in. the slide bar at bottom is not there, I cannot buy any songs.
Someone help me please. My itunes wont work since I upgraded it. I tried everything. My proxy server was already unchecked. I tried uninstalling it, I tried installing the older version of it and it wouldnt let me. ugh.
same thing for me
I would try a new router for a better connection unless your hardlined than its probably just your computer not loading it
thank you!!!
me 2!!!! Growl!
It worked!!!!