Have no taskbar or desktop icons....????

Closed
Tami - Jun 17, 2009 at 08:48 PM
go4tyson Posts 24 Registration date Monday June 15, 2009 Status Member Last seen June 30, 2009 - Jun 20, 2009 at 03:04 AM
Hello,
My desktop computer shut down by a power failure this morning. It will boot and all programs seem to be running..but there is nothing on the desktop except the background picture. I have checked the other threads and most of them involve Vista.....my desktop is running Windows Media Edition. Even in safe mode the desktop is not visible. It will not start windows/tasks or recognize taskbar commands. It also appears to start explorer.exe but then nothing changes. It does show the other program - c???.exe not sure exactly what it is and am using my laptop to get help. thanks for any information regarding this as I do not want to have to restore my computer and loose all the information. I also do not have a windows disk...it is a whole reboot disk from hp

thanks
Related:

2 responses

go4tyson Posts 24 Registration date Monday June 15, 2009 Status Member Last seen June 30, 2009 5
Jun 18, 2009 at 02:27 AM
if u can open explorer then u try this
search "restore" if the result shows restore.exe or restore something
open that software that will be the restoring software that is in vista
and click on a date that ur computer lastly noted then click restore i hope u can restore ur os
I have no restore options - it says restore is not working and to restart computer to get the settings....I am also not using Vista I am using Windows XP Media Center. I searched the regedit and have no explorer files in there and am at a total loss now. ??? Please help, thanks
go4tyson Posts 24 Registration date Monday June 15, 2009 Status Member Last seen June 30, 2009 5
Jun 20, 2009 at 03:04 AM
better to re-install ur operating system