Network pinting problems

Closed
meeka-eel - Jun 4, 2009 at 02:58 AM
mikethedike Posts 158 Registration date Saturday August 16, 2008 Status Member Last seen September 22, 2012 - Jun 4, 2009 at 07:14 AM
Hello,

OK here’s whats happening,i have attached two printers to a server which runs a OS of windows server 2008 32bit and both of theses printer i’ve made network printers. Now what the case is that we currently have one desktop PC and two laptops connecting to the network printers.When setting the network printers up everything is just fine until the next day where the laptops just cant seem to print from either one of the network printers only one that can print is the desktop PC,please help me out as i have no idea of what the problem could be

2 responses

jak58 Posts 285 Registration date Saturday July 19, 2008 Status Member Last seen January 5, 2022 22,613
Jun 4, 2009 at 03:04 AM
Have you enable print sharing n each and every PC. In the case that all the PC are connected (and identified) on the same network and that your printers are enabled and well configured, it should run smoothly.
hi jak58

i have checked the printer sharing on all pc's including the server where the network printers are currently installed and all looks well. The thing tho is that its works just great the first day and the next day its just not printing at all,then i must re-do the setup process again. What also happens is that the laptops are taken home at the end of the day,know i dont know if that could maybe also be a factor. The desktop PC tho does not give any problems like this as it is always connected to the network.
mikethedike Posts 158 Registration date Saturday August 16, 2008 Status Member Last seen September 22, 2012 41 > meeka-eel
Jun 4, 2009 at 07:14 AM
do this from the client side

1) go to printer & faxes option

right click on the printer icon

click properties

now select the advanced tab

make susre the option "always available" is selected

click apply then ok

right click on printer icon and uncheck the "use printer offline"

restart

awaiting comments

Melisio Mascarenhas
mikethedike
mumbai, india
mikethedike Posts 158 Registration date Saturday August 16, 2008 Status Member Last seen September 22, 2012 41
Jun 4, 2009 at 04:19 AM
various reason for the same

check out if u have looged in the network
check the ip of both the laptop

the check out the port setting

start>control panel >printer and faxes

once the window is open make sure that the printer that u have shared via network at least one of them is selected as ur default printer

right click on the pinter icon select properties
click the secuity tab make sure the name u have loged in & the account named everyone have full acees to the printers

to know that click on the everyone acount

below u will c few options thats (Print , Manage Printers, Manage documents, Specil Permissions) tick all of them
apply>then ok

restart ur machine and print

awaiting comments
Melisio mascarenhas
mikethedike
mumbai, india
i've taken all of the above suggestions but still no positive results,when i setup the laptops to be able to print from the network printer attached to the server it works fine and taking te above info,but when i restarted it now its like it does'nt automatically connect to the network printers again which cause it not to print. Iam just finding this whole situation to be"well i dont know"please help me out man to make sens of this.