The discussions

Compare two columns and delete cells

I have 3 columns in Excel 2007. The following is the sample data. Col3 is a formula that compares Col1 and Col2. If the value in the two columns ma...

1 reply Last reply on 31 Mar 2010 by
venkat1926

Macro not copying correct data

hi m trying to copy column D from one tab and pasting it in another tab. When i luk into code it shows copying (D:D) but it selects columns A-D and pa...

5 replies Last reply on 31 Mar 2010 by
rizvisa1

Excel 2007 - look up a cell in a tab

Within tab 1 I have a cell with an entry of Road 1. In the next cell I wish to go to the Road 1 tab and copy the contents of a cell. The entry Roa...

4 replies Last reply on 31 Mar 2010 by
Ann

Using excel if function with data validation

Closed

Hello, i am running EXCEL 2007. i am trying to make an if statement that accomplishes something like, If c1=b1 then d1 = pick a choice from the ...

4 replies Last reply on 31 Mar 2010 by
slashzed

Date time picker control excel

Hello, i have a user form with a date and time picker control on it. user selects a date and an update action updates a worksheet (called table) wi...

1 reply Last reply on 30 Mar 2010 by
Haris

Merge rows of similar data

Solved

Hi, I am trying to merge various rows of data with a common headin in Column A. For example I have the following data: A 1 0 0 0 1 B 1 1 0 0 ...

1 reply Last reply on 30 Mar 2010 by
rizvisa1

Excel pro

Solved

hi , i have some data like gvn below M/C SR NO. total b4 a4 cl4 k92661400 18632 8544 544 9544 K81667500 21844 18948 1948 948 H25102020 6756 8...

6 replies Last reply on 30 Mar 2010 by
rizvisa1

Filter duplicate entry with condition w excel

Solved

Hi, I've 2 columns of data. Column A are repeated Test sequence and Column B are Status (OK / Fail). I would like to extract those test sequence wi...

2 replies Last reply on 30 Mar 2010 by
rogersee

If statement for data in columns

Hi im a little stuck I have 2 columns of data, i want to get the value of column 2 by searching data in the entire column 1. If column 1 matched w...

2 replies Last reply on 29 Mar 2010 by
rattyp9

Special sort in excel

I want to make a results sheet in excel for a competition that will create an automatically sorted list so that it can be quickly and easily uploaded ...

4 replies Last reply on 28 Mar 2010 by
UlethClimbing

How to write excel macro to auto sorting

hi expert, may i know how to write excel macro program to perform auto sorting of rows of data and then auto create new files for only each set of ...

1 reply Last reply on 27 Mar 2010 by
rizvisa1

400+ worksheet loop macro

First off, thanks Rizvisa for your help previously creating a sucessful macro to loop through all open worksheets in the active workbook. It works pe...

8 replies Last reply on 27 Mar 2010 by
rizvisa1

Find max valu every 10 rows &mark row as keep

Solved

Hi, I need help creating a formula in excel to Identify the Highest and Lowest values Every 10 rows THEN Identify those two rows...

3 replies Last reply on 27 Mar 2010 by
venkat1926

Excel, if statement with part of text matchin

Hi, I would like to find out an if function or VBA code that will return a certain number if parts of a cell contains the text that I'm looking for...

1 reply Last reply on 26 Mar 2010 by
rizvisa1

Macro or vba code to found and paste

i have two files, one is excel which contains few articles like 111230, 111412, 552136 etc and other file is notepad which contains hundreds of articl...

rizvisa1

Selecting rows in excel

Hi, Column A has several numbers ranging from single digit to seven digit ones. I am only looking for rows which have 4 digits numbers. These rows ha...

rizvisa1

Compare numbers in two columns in excel

Solved

I appreciate any response to help me with this. I have two columns of numbers A B B.121 S.222 S.154 B.121 B.164 ...

rizvisa1

Delete row if 2 cells match in excel

Hi, I tried to use this in as a Excel macro and it removes the wrong data from sheet (Org). Can someone tell me what is wrong with it? Column D ...

1 reply Last reply on 25 Mar 2010 by
rizvisa1

Mark duplicate rows in excel 07

Hello all I am looking for a macro that can help me mark duplicate rows in excel eg col A col B col C Result of macro 1 a m 2 b n 3 c s ...

4 replies Last reply on 25 Mar 2010 by
Dy

Macro to filter dates.

Hi All Could someon ehelp me with a macro to filter dates. I have in place a form created to store the start date and end date onto two cells. All...

2 replies Last reply on 25 Mar 2010 by
rizvisa1

Excel macro to select and copy

Hi, I would like to how the code to write a macro that can select/copy the last entry in a column/s. Thanks in advance PM Configuration: W...

1 reply Last reply on 25 Mar 2010 by
rizvisa1

Compare two columns and calculate sum

Hi, I have a table in one sheet and a column in another sheet something like as shown below Table in Sheet 1 ---------------------- Region1 ...

1 reply Last reply on 24 Mar 2010 by
venkat1926

Excel macro - using integers as cell referenc

Solved

OK, I've written this and I'm having some trouble. I've put the comments in the code (preceded by ****) rather than giving you a summary here. I thi...

9 replies Last reply on 24 Mar 2010 by
Andy May

Excel: need macro to run when value entered

Solved

Hi! It's been a long time since I used VB. I seem to be a bit rusty, and I can't figure this out. What I need is for a specific macro to run when...

8 replies Last reply on 24 Mar 2010 by
aquarelle

Macro to paste range into all other sheets

I know this should be much easier than I'm making it. I'm simply tring to loop through all existing sheets in one workbook and paste a section from a...

4 replies Last reply on 24 Mar 2010 by
rizvisa1

Macro to deleting multiple rows

Solved

Hello, I am running a simple formula in excel to sort out duplicates from a given row, by adding the value "DUP" in a new column on the spreadsheet. ...

1 reply Last reply on 24 Mar 2010 by
rizvisa1

Excel -viewer select cells for sum

Help, What I need appears basic but browsing through other questions I don't see it asked/answered. I'm organizing contractor's bids on projects. ...

1 reply Last reply on 23 Mar 2010 by
rizvisa1

data from html to excel in linux

Hello I've a shell script which generates a html file in each iteration.I want to get 3 values from the html file to be merged in one xcel file seque...

7 replies Last reply on 23 Mar 2010 by
rizvisa1

Creating a macro for displaying a pop up box

Hi, I've created a spreadsheet for keeping a selection of data. Once a cell reaches the number 10 I'd like a pop up box to appear saying "Jon now ...

rizvisa1

How to add number of sheets in workbook

Hi all, How i can add number of sheets using macro. For Example. i have assing A2 as a sheet count for addition how can i accomplish it. m...

rizvisa1

Excel unique filters

Hello, I need to filter unique values from 2 columns and place those value in a third one.. can any one help me

2 replies Last reply on 23 Mar 2010 by
ROMAN GMERKE

Copying output in excel

Hi, I have written a single cell formula in Excel which gives "Pension Amount" depending upon the inputs on "Age" and "Salary" of the pensioner from a...

2 replies Last reply on 22 Mar 2010 by
vneats

Excel macro to lookup cell and add new row

Hi, I want to create a macro which will look at for example column A and find the last number entered then add a row below it and to do this every ...

1 reply Last reply on 21 Mar 2010 by
aquarelle

How to create macro to search and copy

Hello, I have a spreadsheet with all different dates with corresponding data in its row. There are many rows with the same date and i want to create ...

1 reply Last reply on 21 Mar 2010 by
venkat1926

Themes for my browser

What is the best firefox browser that i can use for my pc?

1 reply Last reply on 19 Mar 2010 by
dist.urbd

Excel macro to filer by date and find dupes

Hello, i need a macro to be created in excel to first filter the data by latest or the last date in the end time column and delete rest of the data,t...

rizvisa1

Moving data within spreadsheet

Hello, I am copying data from another system to an excel spreadsheet. I need to create a pivot table in the end. Data is very busy and when I Text t...

rizvisa1

Remove alternate rows

I have tried doing it with the use of a macro but it is not working. Does anyone know how to do it?

2 replies Last reply on 19 Mar 2010 by
ash_perez01

Extracting data from specified columns

Solved

I have some columns of data looking somewhat like this: data1...data2...data3 val.........val........val val.........val........val val............

rizvisa1

Combine 2 rows into 1 row, over and over

I have over 5,000 rows of items I need combined, but they need to be combined in a certain way. Below is an example of the information I have, all in ...

rizvisa1

Excel problem

I have never used excel before but I have a long list of names for business transactions. how will i be able to count the list of names wityhout wasti...

dist.urbd

Need help on an excel if/then in macro

Solved

I'm trying to create an If/Then in Macro for a cell which you input what GPM you want to use. The goal is to stop sales people from making errors and ...

2 replies Last reply on 19 Mar 2010 by
Gman24

Macro

I would like to write a macro that will insert a certain name into a cell depending on what number is in the cell beside it. There are about 20 differ...

1 reply Last reply on 18 Mar 2010 by
venkat1926

Counting in excel

Hi I have an excel spreadsheet that has totals in 4 different tabs. I have a final tab that sums up the scores of the 4 tabs. A B ...

venkat1926

Copy down formula if cells on left non blank

Solved

Hi, I need code to copy down a formula from R2 to R3, R4 , R5 etc only if H3, H4, H5 etc is nonblank. I also need to copy formulae from U2:CY2...

rizvisa1

Help please! excel sos

Dear Experts, I have a data here on excel Column A with the following arrangement 1 Radio Link south 2 Capacity ...

rizvisa1

Excel 2007 - deleting multiple rows

Hi - I'm hoping for some help in deleting rows in a worksheet. I have data that is imported from a database into Excel. I want to: 1) Delete rows...

rizvisa1

Urgent vba excel help! - reorganize data

Hello, How do I write the VBA code to search Events by date and reorganize them into a totally different format in a different sheet? Original spr...

3 replies Last reply on 18 Mar 2010 by
rizvisa1

Excel functions

Hi, Good day! Can someone tell me formula to find the datas which range's between 1 - 5, 5 -10, 10-15 and so on till 95-100 in a column and mu...

venkat1926

Macros help

Hello, I am trying to write a macros that will help me delete the first three characters in a cell. I copy and paste a set of serial numbers into an ...

1 reply Last reply on 17 Mar 2010 by
rizvisa1
Results 6001 - 6050 out of a total of 7,062