Recherche
Ask a question Report

Gateway GT5220 will not post [Solved]

cooloo - Latest answer on Jul 14, 2011 07:57PM
Hello,
I have a gateway GT5220 pc and when I turn it on al the fans would turn on but the power button lights or harddriive lights would not stay on.Also, the monitor is showing no signal.Try to install another video card and still no signal on the monitor and lights on the power button would not turn on eventhough all the fans are on..Please advise as to what to do next... Thanks,
Read more 
Answer
+4
moins plus
Is it beeping? It is either a dead CPU, dead motherboard if it is not beeping. If you hear it beeping, then it is most likely bad RAM. If you have anything plugged into any pci slot, take that out and try to get it to POST.
logger- Dec 18, 2010 09:23PM
much thanks for this advice...i pulled the modem card on the pci slot and it BOOTS!

before this, my pc powers on but no post or beep at all...;D
Not a pc guy. . .- Jul 14, 2011 07:57PM
Mine just did the same thing. I pulled the card that says "phone" out of the pci slot and it started right up! Thanks.
Add comment
This document entitled « Gateway GT5220 will not post » from Kioskea (en.kioskea.net) is made available under the Creative Commons license. You can copy, modify copies of this page, under the conditions stipulated by the license, as this note appears clearly.

Not a member yet?

sign-up, it takes less than a minute and it's free!

Members get more answers than anonymous users.

Being a member gives you detailed monitoring of your requests.

Being a member gives you additional options.