Black desktop screen

Closed
SMonroe - Mar 23, 2017 at 01:43 PM
Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 - Mar 23, 2017 at 04:34 PM
Hello,

So I seem to have a very specific problem with my desktop. I'm not super techy so I thought It might be best to ask here.

My desktop froze earlier after removing my Ethernet cable and upon rebooting it, it worked but was much slower then usual. After a minute or two it once again froze up.

The computer itself seems to be working fine. Lights, fans, etc all seem to function as normal.

I mention the Ethernet cable specifically because this happened the last time I was moving things around and removed the cable. After unplugging everything and leaving it off for a day it seemingly fixed itself. (When it booted, it specifically asked me a few things but this was while ago and I can't recall what it was) I'm hoping the worse casenario, I'll just wait again.

But I was hoping someone maybe had a more direct answer for what the issue might be and how to fix/avoid.
Related:

1 response

Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,166
Mar 23, 2017 at 04:34 PM
Hi

I suggest you check your monitor cables and ensure your graphic card is well seated.