Please help me fix my computer

Closed
caseyf2016 Posts 1 Registration date Monday January 30, 2017 Status Member Last seen January 30, 2017 - Jan 30, 2017 at 08:39 PM
R2D2_WD Posts 3606 Registration date Monday September 1, 2014 Status Member Last seen February 20, 2017   - Jan 31, 2017 at 06:39 AM
Hello i had windows 10 and i was going to try to go back to windows 8 and reset my computer back to factory defult and when i click on recovery in windows 10 the box to reset your computer back to factory defult was not there i went over my 30 day with windows 10 and i erased everything and i cleaned the drive cause i thought i was going back to windows 8 but i did not i only cleared the drive and went back to the very beginning of windows 10 and everything that i had in windows 10 when i first upgraded to windows 10 from windows 8.1 was all gone and i had nothing everything was erased and i am trying to go back to windows 8 so i could start all over and i do not have windows.old cause i accidently sent that back to the previous version and now i am trying to find gateway recovery to restart everyrthing back to factory default cause when i first got this computer it came from the factory with windows 8. So i was wondering how can i get back to windows 8 with gateway recovery manager

1 response

R2D2_WD Posts 3606 Registration date Monday September 1, 2014 Status Member Last seen February 20, 2017   155
Jan 31, 2017 at 06:39 AM
Hi Caseyf2016,

Are you using a laptop? Have you checked the recovery menu on startup? It should be accessible when pressing some button combination on startup. Check the laptop’s manual for more details.
Unfortunately, if you have lost some important files, you should try recovering them with data recovery software. I leave you some suggestions in the link below. If you need a recovery drive, you should seek assistance from the store you got the PC from.
https://ccm.net/downloads/tools/file-management/

Hope this helps