Kioskea
Recherche
Ask a question Report

Won't save passwords / usernames [Solved/Closed]

chevyup7 - Latest answer on Jul 18, 2013 10:17AM
Hello,
computor won't save passwords / usernames, even when i ask it to and i have went into tools and everything was set as suppose to.
Read more 
Answer
+239
moins plus
Same thing with me. It USED to save all my login credentials to my daily internet sites then one day it stopped autofilling. Now, everytime i log into my sites I have to retype my user name and password. I have full explored Internet Options, set all settings to the lowest. When I lauch my IE browser, it still makes me login liek I ahve never been there before BUT it promts me to save them and I say yes. I then close my browser and relaunch in and guess what, it still makes me login like I never was there. Im ready to scream. Please help

Linds- Jun 23, 2009 09:37PM
I just want to punch a damn hole right through my monitor. I have the EXACT same issue as you. I HATE vista so far; I wonder if the OS is the culprit?

Best of luck. I'm waiting on a solution as well...

Linds
nanny- Jul 31, 2010 08:05PM
i am having the same problme let me know with the answer trucker93@netzero.com
ASD- Oct 26, 2012 04:38AM
Solved, Find on

http://networkingstudy.net/forums/index.php/topic,226.0.html
Answer
+128
moins plus
Beware that many people reported Raymond's fix as working BUT they lost all their Favourites / Bookmarks. On the same page there is a reply (number 42) where Adam gives a registry fix for the problem that has no side effects.

Corny- May 4, 2010 07:37AM
Yes, thanks Paul and Anon it works great. I've been looking a tip for 3-4 weeks and that is the answer. I can make a little enhancement : instead of HKU \ S-1-5-21-796845957-926492609-725345543-1003 \Software \ .... ( i don't have that GUID) select HKCU \ Software \ .... the key for current user.
Great job. Thanks again !
Sam- Jun 25, 2010 07:19AM
Looks like it works so far..Thanks
seawave- Aug 4, 2010 01:35AM
Thanks the regedit change to Application Data worked me for in Win7
ASD- Oct 26, 2012 04:39AM
http://networkingstudy.net/forums/index.php/topic,226.0.html
arendtrepair 1Posts Thursday July 18, 2013Registration date July 18, 2013Last seen - Jul 18, 2013 10:17AM
I am glad there are smarter people out there, but why doesn't some one contact the company who is providing these programs that mess up our days and tell them to fix this problem? I am not as quick with computers, and if I could understand how to fix this problem, I would do so. I have a disability and I need to do things over and over to get it, plus I don't live on my computer and need to get this fixed. I would thank any help on the process to correct some one else s mess up.
Answer
+57
moins plus
So the solution is simple,

1. Click Start > Run
2. Type: regedit and go to:

HKEY_USERS\S-1-5-21-796845957-926492609-725345543-1003\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\User Shell Folders

Set the value AppData to a data value of %USERPROFILE%\Application Data

Answer
+54
moins plus
Sorry guys I should have added that my "long big number" (as Roka so eloquently described it) was also different than what Paul said it would be however again as Roka says it will be different for everyone. Even so it worked for me so should work for you too as long as you ignore the fact that the "long big number" will be different.

Now then......how do I find this 'Paul' person and buy him a pint as a mark of thanks!

Pram- Feb 25, 2010 12:10PM
For me %AppData% resolves to %USERPROFILE%\Application Data
And I presume that should be the way for everybody. So not sure how useful is anon's/Paul's fix.
Answer
+28
moins plus
thank u man very very much,it is great solution.... I faced this problem for 3 months ago

really you are genius

Answer
+11
moins plus
Try this fix -it worked for me.

<a href="http://www.raymond.cc/..." >Fix Windows Live Messenger Not Remembering ID and Password</a>

jamba- Jan 3, 2010 10:07AM
Pinkfoot
Are you sure the raymond site is secure?
And does it work?
Are you sure it's not a site to steel your passwords?
jamba
Monjo- Jun 20, 2010 07:54AM
Thanks This really worked for me I have been with this problem for months.
Answer
+9
moins plus
Im also having this issue after installing Windows 7 in IE 8, Firefox and Outlook (i dont use MSN). How can this issue be resolved?

Thanks

Answer
+8
moins plus
I tried all those things and nothing worked. Here's what did (Firefox). Go to tools, options,and then privacy. Click on settings next to the history box at the bottom. Uncheck everything you don't want cleared each time Firefox closes--I only want it to clear my cache so that's the only box I checked. Hope this helps--now when I open Hotmail I not only don't have to sign-in but it also goes straight to my Inbox. Not sure why the settings suddenly changed on me, but they did.

Answer
+7
moins plus
Me too...none of my pws are saving in FF 3.0.11 on my Vista laptop. It is sooo annoying. Neverhad this problem until the past few weeks. My PC uses XP and it's fine. grrrr.

Answer
+6
moins plus
BikerSk8rKid:

It looks as if everyone's big long number is different, so look for the appropriate registry link, use the one without "_Classes" at the end and follow the instructions from there.

Mine needed changing (so I hope this solves my problem), but another computer I just checked didn't.

Thanks for the registry solution!

Roka- Feb 8, 2010 09:40AM
The long big number is your SID 8Security Identifier, it's unique to each user.

Thank you for the post though, helped me with another plaguing issue unrelated but this is the answer!
Roka- Feb 8, 2010 09:40AM
The long big number is your SID 8Security Identifier, it's unique to each user.

Thank you for the post though, helped me with another plaguing issue unrelated but this is the answer!
georgnik- Feb 10, 2010 10:43AM
The MSN Messenger Problem is fixed.
However, the issue with Mozilla and/or IE loginNames and passwords is still here (on my computer) remains. I can not save any password and or LoginName and also can not change any presaved password... I already checked the Option, Tools etc...
Answer
+4
moins plus
Hi guys,
add me to the list. I have a Mac running XP under Parallels virtual machine and it started losing saved credentials approx 3 or 4 weeks ago.
I tried almost everything peeking in the system registers but came up with nothing.
Only thing I noticed is if I just LOG OUT and then log back in, it WON'T lose username/password.
It's when I REBOOT that all the saved credentials are wiped out.
A nice new virus or just a bug coming with the latest Windows update?

Lorenzo

Answer
+4
moins plus
I'm having the exact same problem. Started a couple of months ago. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling Firefox. Its very annoying and of course you can't get a human to help. I'm hoping its a glitch they will fix. SOON.

Answer
+3
moins plus
Another workaround if IE won't save login details for some sites is simply to add the info to the url in your bookmark:

http://username:password@www.website.com

max_wedge- Oct 20, 2009 02:48AM
Yeah, that's an excellent option if you don't mind your password being discoverable by anyone with access to your bookmarks!
Answer
+2
moins plus
Same problem here. Very frustrating. For me it's not just firefox or explorer.

However, I don't have Yahoo toolbar - or even Yahoo Messenger installed.

Any tips for this? I appreciate any input.

Answer
+2
moins plus
Anon that would help a lot, but for some reason the only thing I have for RegEdit is
S-1-5-21-789336058-2147075695-839522115-1004
S-1-5-21-789336058-2147075695-839522115-1004_Classes
Which mine is different then what you posted and this is with the latest Windows Live Messenger.

Answer
+1
moins plus
I had the problem of system not saving by ID or password. I went to "Control Panel" and uninstalled the Yahoo Toolbar and the problem was solved.

Answer
+1
moins plus
I have windows XP and internet explorer
This is what I did and it worked llike a charm for me.
Go to Tools / Internet options / Open content tab / In Auto complete click on settings and make sure these options are enable with a check mark in the box.
Address bar ...Browsing history...Favorites....Forms and User name passwords on forms.
Hope this help
Jose

Answer
+0
moins plus
add pasford

Answer
+0
moins plus
If you are talking about Firefox.....

I had the same problem for ages.

Solution for me: TURN OFF PRIVATE BROWSING! (Tools, Options, Privacy). I did this, visited all my regular sites where I enter username and password, entered them, firefox offered to remember & I accepted. Then if you want private browsing back on you can do so and it will still remember your login details. Job done ;-)

Answer
+0
moins plus
For Firefox try: Tools/Options/Privacy, check Accept Cookies, open Exceptions, type in site name click Allow.

Hope this helps

Mack The Knife

This document entitled « won't save passwords / usernames » from Kioskea (en.kioskea.net) is made available under the Creative Commons license. You can copy, modify copies of this page, under the conditions stipulated by the license, as this note appears clearly.

Not a member yet?

sign-up, it takes less than a minute and it's free!

Members get more answers than anonymous users.

Being a member gives you detailed monitoring of your requests.

Being a member gives you additional options.