Kioskea
Recherche
Ask a question Report

Laptop went into sleep mode and wont wake up [Solved/Closed]

Nimue_NightGoddess - Latest answer on Jun 7, 2010 04:52AM
Hello,
I have a compaq laptop with windows vista and a few days ago it went into sleep mode and now it will not come out of it. I have tried hitting every key and i get nothing... I have removed the battery and tried restarting it but the power come on and the screen stays blank... and after a fewseconds it turns itself off and reboots. I pressed esc a few times and it will stay on but nothing happens. It just stays blank. And Ideas on how to fix this???
Read more 
Answer
+39
moins plus
well same thing happen to me. my computer still can't get out of sleep mode. but to solve your turning the computer ON problem. what i do is turn it on, then wait, u will hear the computer turning itself on and off, but nothing is showing on the screen. so make it turn on and off, 3 time.( such as hearing the computer turned off, so that one,THEN IT TURNS ITSELF ON AGAIN, next time it turns off, that count as 2, and so on). on the third shut off then u press and hold the off button, to force it to shut down, then wait. about 5-10min., or less then 5. after then u turn the computer on.it should be on by now. if not try it again. if it happens again try one more time, if it happens again. then there something really wrong with your computer.

HOPE THIS HELPS.

Answer
+16
moins plus
Okay there might be a solution that worked for me. I also have a Windows Vista Compaq laptop and i was experiencing the same problem. What you should do is turn it off manually. If your laptop dosn't after that. then hit the power button once and wait 5 seconds then hit it again but do not turn it off. It should go back to regular settings and work.

Answer
+11
moins plus
Try to download the latest drivers for the video and the chipset, that worked for one hp pavilion with vista home OS, we tryed every possible and even reinstaled the video drivers but seems wern't the wrong ones, any way it's already solved.
Our opinion is that some updates from microsoft are doing something whit it.

Answer
+9
moins plus
Nimue, google "laptop wake up resolved"

Answer
+5
moins plus
Hi- This kept happening to my dell laptop (which also runs vista). The guys at dell were able to remotely uninstall and reinstall my Display adapter (in the Control Panel, under Device Managers). This seems to have worked. My dispay adapter was named Mobile Intel(R) 965 Express Chipset Family. It's not clear whether there was an update or patch that could have fixed this....

HELP- Aug 12, 2009 11:15PM
My new laptop that runs on vista is doing the exact same thing. How do I contact Dell to see if I'm having the same problem as you?
Answer
+5
moins plus
when i accident click sleep mode, i tried to mouse move but its not working. so what i should to do? so now tried push power on the computer turned off for 5 sec then the computer went off. Then i

push computer turned on again....its working

! because i can hear the computer making noises and I can see the lights are on. If your keyboard not have lab on say "power"....tried used power the computer turned off then will back on again :)

hope this can help :)

Answer
+2
moins plus
Take out the battery and run on AC power only. That works for me !!

Answer
+0
moins plus
hi, your computer may be going to sleep because it's battery is not holding a charge. Try taking the battery out and plugging in the power pak and then powering on the machine. If it powers up you might most likely have a bad battery. Some computers won't power on without the battery in place. depends on the maker. Try another battery if possible , charged would help. If the battery is good, but not charged, the internal battery charger may be gone.

Answer
+0
moins plus
I inherited an HP laptop w/Vista because of the same issue. Based on what I read online, Vista was the linking factor in all the posts, even after upgrading to 7. I ended up reformatting the HD and doing a completely fresh install of XP and then 7 (couldn't boot directly from my 7 disk). I'm back on 7 now and just woke it up from sleep without a problem!! Hope this helps those still suffering with this issue!!

Answer
+0
moins plus
hi nimue_nightgoddess,

when i accident click sleep mode, i tried to mouse move but its not working. so what i to do? so now tried power the computer turned off for 5 sec then the computer went off. Then i
push computer turned on again....its working
! because i can hear the computer making noises and I can see the lights are on. If your keyboard not have lab on say "power"....tried used power the computer turned off then will back on again :)

hope this can help :)

Answer
+0
moins plus
hello.
ive just been on the game sims and right in the middle of playing it the monitor switches it slelf of and when i try to switch it back on it won't. however when i press the menu or volume buttom which is on the monitor the menu thing pops up but still has the black background. Also when i take the menu thing off the screen then another sign will pop up and says monitorer going into sleeping mode. I have tried unplugging the monitor and then putting it back into the monitor and then i tried to turn the monitor on again but there was no repsones. please can you help?

Answer
+0
moins plus
press the power button for one second (no longer)

or, you can always try to hold the power button down for 5 full seconds
this will power down the laptop
then press the power button again & see if that works for you

This document entitled « laptop went into sleep mode and wont wake up » from Kioskea (en.kioskea.net) is made available under the Creative Commons license. You can copy, modify copies of this page, under the conditions stipulated by the license, as this note appears clearly.

Not a member yet?

sign-up, it takes less than a minute and it's free!

Members get more answers than anonymous users.

Being a member gives you detailed monitoring of your requests.

Being a member gives you additional options.