I have a new MSI laptop that had Windows Vista on it. I got a new HD to put Windows XP on it, and I kept the Windows Vista HD. I had "4th Dimension" install Windows XP on the new HD, and it worked fine. But later, when i put the Windows Vista HD back into the laptop, i got the same message below as it started loading, same as when i tried to install any OS on it by myself. And now, it even does it when i put the Windows XP back in it. Windows XP begins to load, then it gives the same message below...so it's dead in the water,, i can't use it now... HELP!!!
Here's what happens now as i start loading or installing Windows XP, or any other OS,,, it starts to install, or load, then it stops the loading or the installation and gives this message:
"A problem has been detected and Windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer. Check for viruses. Remove any newly installed HD's, or HD controllers. Check to make sure it is properly configured and terminated. Then; Run CHKDSK /F to check HD corruption, and restart computer.
Technical information: *** Stop: 0X0000007B (0XF78D2524, 0XC0000034, OX00000000, 0X00000000)"
Also, even while getting into Dos mode by clicking the F11 at startup, and getting all the way to A:, i can't get recognition of the HD to format it.
- Can't install any OS on my laptop, get error
- Laptop os not correctly install
- Install windows xp a problem has been detected
- E5400 laptop - Unable to install Windows OS » How-To - Laptop computer
- To instal win7 os to my laptop » Forum
- Install fresh OS onto virussed laptop » Forum - Viruses/security
- Can't install any OS on my E5400 laptop (Solved) » Forum - Laptop
- Install xp on toshiba laptop (Solved) » Forum - Windows XP
just goto the BIOS and make hard Disk detect as IDE simply by changing the Detect Harddisk as value SATA to IDE then u can install XP
Hello There...I had a similar problem about two years back with my compaq. It boiled down to a corrupt hard disk and when the hard disk was replaced all went well....hope this helps...
thanks frnd for the help .
very useful. thank you