Laptop won't load up

Closed
melatoninet Posts 1 Registration date Monday December 5, 2016 Status Member Last seen December 5, 2016 - Dec 5, 2016 at 10:57 AM
KY_WD Posts 2053 Registration date Thursday October 23, 2014 Status Member Last seen February 28, 2017   - Dec 7, 2016 at 10:49 AM
after moving the furniture around, i wanted to go onto my laptop, however, i got a message saying:
"no bootable device, please restart"
or something, anyway.
I have a toshiba L-50, i believe it's two years old or so- and i haven't had many problems until recently.
kinda started when people commented the fan was very load, on calls and at home. then a month or two ago there was a clicking or something coming from the base however it stopped when put in a different position- so i passed it off as it stopped after awhile.
but now, the "no bootable device" message has stopped and it just goes to the "Toshiba, loading innovation" and does nothing. not even the buffering circle pops up.
help please?
Related:

1 response

KY_WD Posts 2053 Registration date Thursday October 23, 2014 Status Member Last seen February 28, 2017   122
Dec 7, 2016 at 10:49 AM
Hi melatoninet,

The error that you get means that the hard drive fails to be recognized by the BIOS when it's time to load the booting file. It either may be due to a physical error within the drive or a software one.
First of all, check if the HDD is seen by the BIOS. You can do that by restarting your laptop and pressing the respective F key while it boots in order to enter the BIOS settings. There, you must check if the HDD is listed in the Boot options. If it's not at the first place of the boot priority, set it manually.
If the drive is not seen by the BIOS, then it probably has failed and needs to be replaced.

Hope this helps.