How to Protect Gmail Account??

Mark_Wales Posts 93 Registration date Wednesday November 16, 2016 Status Contributor Last seen March 13, 2020 - Nov 16, 2016 at 05:51 AM
Mark_Wales Posts 93 Registration date Wednesday November 16, 2016 Status Contributor Last seen March 13, 2020 - Nov 16, 2016 at 06:15 AM
Hello CCM Members,

I am a new member of this community and seems there are many users who are looking for a way to recover Gmail account, forget passwords, lost recovery mobile no. and so on.

Just for sharing... "Precaution is better than cure"

So, it is recommended you to create Gmail email's backup first so that in case you can access your crucial emails...

--> If you add recovery mobile no... then add a backup recovery number also.
--> If you added recovery mobile no then.. generate a copy of backup code.. In this copy you will get 10 unused code to access your a/c.

If there is more suggestion for securing Gmail account then I love to hear from you.

Thanks & Regards
Mark Wales

1 response

Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,168
Nov 16, 2016 at 05:58 AM
Hello Mark,

What about those people who just change their mobile phone, Gmail nor Yahoo will recognize them as they are trying to login from a different device?

What about those people who move to a different country?

Regards
Mark_Wales Posts 93 Registration date Wednesday November 16, 2016 Status Contributor Last seen March 13, 2020
Nov 16, 2016 at 06:15 AM
I think it is not a problem because Google blocks the account when you lost or forget Google's credential .... that's why I suggested you to save backup code copy. If you have these credential, you can easily access Gmail's account on any device.

For people who move to a different country .... hmmm quite confusing :) -- I never moved on a different country

There is one more idea... just configure your Gmail's account with Microsoft Outlook and access it anytime/ anywhere ... You can also access your email messages without connectivity of internet. And, by chance if you lose something then it will be easy to perform recovery that can't be possible in Gmail's profile.