Windows shutting down

Closed
bballpro16 Posts 1 Registration date Sunday May 3, 2009 Status Member Last seen May 4, 2009 - May 4, 2009 at 03:50 PM
 blake - May 5, 2009 at 09:39 PM
Hello, I'm Blake and i was playing a P.c Game and all of the sudden it started lagging real bad. So i turned off my computer because it froze up. Then after i turned it back on it comes to a blue screen that says "A problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to my computer". then it also says I need to " Diable of uninstall any anti-virus, disk defragmentation or back up utilities. Check your hard drive configuration, and check for any updated drivers. Run CHKDSK /F to check for hard drive curruption, and then restart your computer Technical information: STOP: 0x00000024 (0x00190203, 0x87180EF0, 0xC0000102, 0x000000000). And when this screen comes up it wont let me get out of it the only way i can get out of it is by turning off my computer but when i turn it off it comes right back up. The funny thing is, it won't let me get to my desktop!

Please someone help!

Sincerley,
Blake
Related:

1 response

die_2 Posts 8 Registration date Saturday March 21, 2009 Status Member Last seen June 16, 2009 1
May 5, 2009 at 03:28 AM
hi,
when starting your computer, press F8 repeatedly to enter the boot menu.
then choose safe mode with command prompt.
then type CHKDSK/F as specified, this will check for any hard disk errors.
if teh problem occurs again then try to change your RAM.
ok but how can i get to my Ram, if its on the desktop i cant get there no matter how many times i try because each time i restart my computer, i click safe mode then it goes staight to the Blue screen of death.