Computer will not boot up

Closed
DeWayne - Sep 1, 2016 at 03:08 AM
R2D2_WD Posts 3606 Registration date Monday September 1, 2014 Status Member Last seen February 20, 2017   - Sep 1, 2016 at 06:46 AM
Hello,
i have a hp stream 11 and it will not boot up. it powers on and all i get is a hp symbol on the screen then it goes off and comes back on. nun of the keys will do anything. Help

Related:

1 response

R2D2_WD Posts 3606 Registration date Monday September 1, 2014 Status Member Last seen February 20, 2017   155
Sep 1, 2016 at 06:46 AM
Hi DeWayne,

It seems that the PC is facing some BIOS issues. Since the BIOS menu is not accessible, you may try to restore the PC to its factory settings but please have in mind that this way you may lose all data in the PC. If you have important data stored on the drive and the laptop is under warranty, I would recommend you to contact the seller or the HP support. If warranty has expired and you have very important data on the hard drive, try to disconnect the drive and connect it on another PC. Save the data and reconnect the drive back in your laptop.
I believe the reset menu of HP My stream 11 can be opened by pressing F11 continuously on startup.

Hope this helps